UK St Jude Storm - severe weather warning 27/28 Oct 2013

Sanke

Re: UK Storm - severe weather warning 27/28 Oct 2013

Post by Sanke »

Winds been very gusty Just starting to rain now. Two fence panels down One on either side of the garden Deep joy |
multim

Post by multim »

It seems to have been and gone as the barometer is rising nicely. Max wind gust = 36mph WSW at 07.00.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

very gusty to 60mph, but BBC say worst will be between 8 and 10 am in London. No trains at the moment and my son is sat on the A2 as the QE2 Bridge is closed, and the A2 is closed London bound just London side of M25.

Stench of sap in the air and quite a lot of plant damage here.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kracker »

One of my neighbors was moving his car off the drive yesterday when i asked him why ? " in case the tiles come off the roof " i don't even think we lost any leaves not a thing :shock:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Not even a breeze here but lots of rain.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
kracker

Post by kracker »

Tom2006 wrote:Not even a breeze here but lots of rain.
We have had lots or rain also over the weekend , saturday afternoon another kayaker unfortunatly lost his life he was airlifted and died yesterday i done the same stretch yesterday and found his boat with his phone and belongings sad times !
lulak10

Post by lulak10 »

Kicked off for us about 5am this morning. Lots of wind, heard a few things bang about outside and then when I got up to look out at 6.20am, saw a tree across from us had gone. Our road is a cut thru to get up to the South Circular so it causing a few problems!!!

Thankfully the tree directly opposite us was OK as it's a lot bigger than the one that has gone and if it had gone probably would have taken out our car and next doors!

Getting into work has been a 'mare. No trains at all. We drove into town in the end -bus stops all the way in packed :( .
Attachments
photo 1.JPG
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Seemed to have got off lightly around Portsmouth, odd tree down here and there couple in the road on the way to work and a few leaning right over.
Still pretty blustery so might see a few more go yet !!
Leigh
Dim

Post by Dim »

maybe the worst is over .... wind has died down and the sun is shining in Cambridge
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Calm here, not even a breeze.. For you living down south, did you not see the news last night! They were advising people NOT to go to work, that the trains wouldnt be running before 9 at least as they had to check the tracks for falling trees etc and to not use your cars as it could be too dangerous. Now i would of took that advice and stayed home..
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

How stupid and lucky is this at the same time. A woman wants to safe her car, but before she got away the tree is falling on the car next to her.

http://twitpic.com/dj2f9j
Last edited by Exotic Life on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

OMG Exotic Life, Stupid i would say. That would of killed her..
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

Deedee wrote:OMG Exotic Life, Stupid i would say. That would of killed her..
Indeed. One person died today by a tree falling on his car, and there another few reports from injured people that got hit by flying or falling material. About speaking in the catogory stupid, what is in your mind to drive a caravan near the ocean when wind speeds reaching 130 kph.

Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Deedee wrote:Calm here, not even a breeze.. For you living down south, did you not see the news last night! They were advising people NOT to go to work, that the trains wouldnt be running before 9 at least as they had to check the tracks for falling trees etc and to not use your cars as it could be too dangerous. Now i would of took that advice and stayed home..
Unfortunately the BBC don't pay my wages, and as I work for the Council I'm expected to get to work regardless of weather conditions.
Leigh
kata

Post by kata »

Had you been a teacher leigh one week holiday, no loss of pay.

:lol:
what is in your mind to drive a caravan near the ocean when wind speeds reaching 130 kph.
Suicide?

No wind, no damage, but copius amounts of water. I need to go and release my plants now. Now where did I put my wellies.... :lol: :lol:

icon_cheers
Last edited by kata on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.