Outlook might be changing ????

stephenprudence

Re: Outlook might be changing ????

Post by stephenprudence »

unfortunately things are starting to move towards a continental cold situation, in the mid-time frame. Nothing set in stone yet, but looking more likely now?
harryc

Post by harryc »

Looks like Atlantic driven weather to my untrained eye for the rest of the month at least. Hope so anyway. :D

H
stephenprudence

At times yes, although it's developing situation so this may change.. Between 120-144 hours we get a period of continental air which will most likely give some low temperatures, and hard frost. After that, a period of Atlantic weather is a maybe, but looking good at this stage. Then presumably, the Stratospheric warming will have an effect, but to my eye, it may be just too far east to have a huge effect on UK. If the warming event is a major one (it looks strong), then we could end up with a Winter like the one in 2012 where Europe had exceptional cold, and we just escaped it.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

These last few days have been perfect, no more wind, so mild outside, no frost, little too much rain for my liking, but i'm used to expecting minus everynight around now. Recent harsh winters have brainwashed me :lol:

Cracking run of temps this winter so far.
stephenprudence

The outlook now is very borderline indeed... Either Atlantic cool but relatively frost free or continental, very cold and frosty... It's so close it's impossible to judge even though it's only a few days out.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

stephenprudence wrote:The outlook now is very borderline indeed... Either Atlantic cool but relatively frost free or continental, very cold and frosty... It's so close it's impossible to judge even though it's only a few days out.
We're definitely overdue, . Plants will have a shock lol
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Cold, dry and frosty please!

I'm pig sick of all of this rain.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

stephenprudence wrote:The outlook now is very borderline indeed... Either Atlantic cool but relatively frost free or continental, very cold and frosty... It's so close it's impossible to judge even though it's only a few days out.
The met said earlier that mid week as the atlantic rain pushes across the west and to the east it could push temperatures as high as 12c.
stephenprudence

Unfortunately that is unlikely as it stands things have moved westwards since then so the really mild air will be kept over the Atlantic.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

stephenprudence wrote: If the warming event is a major one (it looks strong), then we could end up with a Winter like the one in 2012 where Europe had exceptional cold, and we just escaped it.
That isn't correct Stephen. You escaped it while I was getting windchill near -13C in March.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by sanatic1234 »

I didn't escape winter 2012 either, i can remember it being in its minus double figures. :-(
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

you two must have had some beast from the east action :cry:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

you two must have had some beast from the east action :cry:
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I live in the east midlands cordy so yes most likely. :-( It didn't last as long as 2010/11 nowhere near, but did do some plant damage in that time.
stephenprudence

Dave Brown wrote:
stephenprudence wrote: If the warming event is a major one (it looks strong), then we could end up with a Winter like the one in 2012 where Europe had exceptional cold, and we just escaped it.
That isn't correct Stephen. You escaped it while I was getting windchill near -13C in March.
I didn't escape frost no, but neither did we get killing cold (either of us).. when you look at how cold it was over large swathes of Europe (including the Mediterranean coastal regions), believe me, we definitely escaped.