Serious life threatening storm heading to Philippines.

sanatic1234

Re: Serious life threatening storm heading to Philippines.

Post by sanatic1234 »

Dave Brown wrote:
sanatic1234 wrote:I have been talking to a bloke from the Philippines and luckily where he lives the storm didn't hit but he said his country is in total devastation and it has hit the whole of the Philippines very hard, and that his country was already classed as a third world before the storm hit due to poverty! Not worth thinking about how bad it is going to be for many many years now. And quite possible more storms like that to come in the future?????
I am surprised that this topic has been so quiet, it seems that most on here are just not interested in a major disaster.

I am not in favour of foreign aid as most goes to country's governments and is used for arms or suppression of it's people, but this is genuine humanitarian need. They do not have the resources to overcome this without outside help.

I will judge countries on their response. UK government has committed most so far.
The bloke named kent I am talking to dave has said that the Australians have sent over doctors, as we know the UK are sending aid and navy vessel and big donations to help in anyway possible. He said that also the USA are there helping to. He did say to me to thank the people of the UK for there kind generosity and care towards his people. and for god to bless us all he said we are very humble people.
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Video of the storm surge destroying a house:

Frightening! :shock:
kata

Post by kata »

It must have been terrifying Sean,

I think aid is getting through now.

icon_sunny