Frost warning tomorrow 19/11 (some tonight)

stephenprudence

Frost warning tomorrow 19/11 (some tonight)

Post by stephenprudence »

Tonight we'll probably have localised air frosts pretty much occurring anywhere away from the immediate coastline. Temperatures ranging from -1C to +1C by tomorrow morning for 95% of the country. Nothing too serious though, but in the places where showers have occurred, mostly in the west, there is chance of ice and slippery surfaces tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow evening, temperatures will drop away very quickly everywhere, with most places having at least ground frost by 6pm. Towards midnight, cloud and rain will move into more Northern and Western parts making it milder in areas like west Wales, NW England and W Scotland. Elsewhere Midlands becoming cold, perhaps dropping to -2C typically with -4C in frost hollows, in West Midlands, temperature will gradually rise by morning, but still around 0C. Further southeast, a clear night, so frosty right until dawn. Typically temperatures down to about -2C to -3C, though in frost hollows and sheltered spots, maybe -5C or -6C at least.

So those who haven't protected yet.... especially in the southeast, it might be worth setting some time aside tomorrow!
Adam D

Re: Frost warning tomorrow night (some tonight)

Post by Adam D »

Thanks Stephen.

I had to scrape the frost off my car when I came home at 6pm this evening.

Winter is here.
billdango

Post by billdango »

Still okay down here in Southampton so far.

The cold front went through about 2 hours ago and after a light rain shower its now clear and quite nippy.

Max it got to today was about +10c.

At the moment of typing this post its +8c.

A light ground frost is possible by morning esp in this frost hollow that I live in.

No frost is expected in the City center tonight but will happen tomorrow night if forecasts are correct.

billdango :D
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

-3C this morning.

A good hard frost.

Hoping for the same tonight so that the trails will be nice and crispy when I go out for a ride tonight :)
allangreenbean

Post by allangreenbean »

Ohh a frost. Glad I don't have to worry about cold weather as Basjoo left in the ground and everything else is hardy.

I did bring one D.A. inside but only becasue its small and it's going to live in a pot anyway. It's cos their so pretty :ahhh!: