Storm 5th January 2014

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Storm 5th January 2014

Post by Dave Brown »

stephenprudence wrote:Expecting localised severe frost tonight.. Out of all the weather recently lol. Very localised area here could go down to -3 or -4C tonight but this is not the case everywhere. Then back to gales tomorrow!
Towns and Cities in your area were forecast +3 to +4C I very much doubt you will drop 7C colder with a westerly breeze.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Nigel »

Seems to be calming down after Mondays storm.
flounder

Post by flounder »

Nigel wrote:Seems to be calming down after Mondays storm.
I think it's just the calm before the (next) storm
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Dave Brown wrote:
stephenprudence wrote:Expecting localised severe frost tonight.. Out of all the weather recently lol. Very localised area here could go down to -3 or -4C tonight but this is not the case everywhere. Then back to gales tomorrow!
Towns and Cities in your area were forecast +3 to +4C I very much doubt you will drop 7C colder with a westerly breeze.

Here we're in a frost hollow (relative to our position).. It's basically a less cold version of Shap (a dip on the top of a hill), so often it will get much colder than surrounding, more low lying areas. It's already down to 1.9C,so the first air frost of 2014 is looming, perhaps. Asfor the -3C, well I wasn't necessarily suggesting my location specifically would get -3C, but perhaps within the local area it was possible (ie Hawarden), and Hawarden often does record as much as 6C lower than Liverpool airport in clear sky scenarios in Winter. Here we'll probably get around 0 to -1C, but where I live, I've realised is a pretty cold area, certainly not one climatically coastal..being on an estuary, which is more like central England, and the Midlands.
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

Driving rain and very high wind here now.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

sideways rain and more wind icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

Heavy rain and wind now.