Australias hottest year on record

stephenprudence

Re: Australias hottest year on record

Post by stephenprudence »

Interestingly I was able to speak with someone from Melbourne who said it has generally been quite cool there. :shock:
billdango

Post by billdango »

Its probably like what we get some years in the UK.

Some parts of the Country can get above average temperatures while other parts have a lousy year.

The center and the north of Australia can get a scorching summer at any time while the south coastal strip can get English style weather.

I know because I lived and worked in both parts of that Country for 4 years.

billdango :D
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

One of our sons lives in Melbourne, they say, four seasons in one day is the norm there!!
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

RozDevon wrote:One of our sons lives in Melbourne, they say, four seasons in one day is the norm there!!
But remember the four Australian seasons are Hot, Very Hot, Blistering Hot, and Searing Hot.

8) :lol:
dino

Post by dino »

stephenprudence wrote:Interestingly I was able to speak with someone from Melbourne who said it has generally been quite cool there. :shock:
Ditto, my daughter is out there at the moment
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

A lot of the record breaking hot weather around the country happened at the start of 2013 and yes I think that it hasnt been a particularly hot start to summer in the south so far, but Darwin recorded its hottest January day on record at over 36c yesterday and the same forecast for today! :shock:

To say its flippin' hot is an understatement! Add to that the humidity and its very unpleasantly hot and sticky, yet no rain to bring cooling relief. Its over 35c now at 12.50pm, was already over 30c when I woke up this morning after 28c overnight.

Im about to jump into some water to cool down...apparently we can expect this weather for the rest of the week! icon_aaargh
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

Friends in Perth have emailed today and are expecting temps of 43c over the weekend.
They dont leave the house its so overpowering.
Rod

Post by Rod »

RozDevon wrote:Friends in Perth have emailed today and are expecting temps of 43c over the weekend.
They dont leave the house its so overpowering.
My Brother rung me from Perth today & it was 46°c where he is with 15% relative humidity.
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Perth had an overnight minimum of 29.7c last night! It was still 36c at midnight and at 9.00am today the temperature is already 39c! :shock:
flounder

Post by flounder »

It's the same here Sean, but in Fahrenheit :(