Atlantic Code Red Incoming

kata

Atlantic Code Red Incoming

Post by kata »

As someone who judges If I go out or stay in on a daily basis by either looking through the window to see the weather or go to an online weather like Wnderground this means absolutly zero to me so Dave explain the danger.

Is it coming to an town/city near us?. My link came in an email from Facebook and not sure what it means except it looks good to surf of a different kind.... :lol:
The North Atlantic is blowing a hoolie again. Surfers will be hard pressed to remember a winter which has delivered storm force ferocity with such consistency. And as the mercury plunging pattern continues, the forecast is set to hit new highs on Monday, delivering a swell which is somewhat of a step into the unknown.

Unlike a lot of more recent storms with multiple cores, this is one solid system in a position to deliver huge surf to the whole of west facing Europe and North Africa, and most importantly people are preparing to surf it at peak intensity from Scotland and Ireland down through Europe to North Africa.
http://magicseaweed.com/news/atlantic-c ... ming/5954/

:mrgreen:
stephenprudence

Re: Atlantic Code Red Incoming

Post by stephenprudence »

More flooding :shock:
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks Stevie!
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

when is that meant to hit then? there is no date?
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

its almost upon us :twisted:

Tomorrow? This is the system that brough deep snow to eastern USA.. here it's brought 10C, and rain :mrgreen:
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Oh ok, Thank you stephen. I want to share it on facebook so wanted to know the facts before posting it.
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

The local surfers say that Magicseaweed give out weekly forecasts, hoping for lots of hits on the website.
The waves don't always turn up according to the forecast, but just talked to my son (local surfer) who said there is a massive swell coming in today/tonight. The wave buoys out in the ocean are the ones to watch, accurate, thats what they go by to estimate the waves coming in.
The rock formation on left hand side of the beach at Porthcothnan Bay in north Cornwall has been demolished and now looks completely different! See if you can see it on the Sky website! That must have been SOME wave!!
It used to be a huge rock with a hole in the centre. Now the whole centre has gone completely!!
Very windy indeed here but sunny.
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

Just looked on ThisisCornwall site, live updates, and the Sevenstones Buoy off the west Cornish coast has just recorded waves of 27.2ft. My son says that they have recorded 30+ waves before from that buoy.
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

The sea wall at Portreath has been breached and a 100 year old hut has been washed away.
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

Cornish Guardian has live updates on the huge swell on its way today!
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

stephenprudence wrote:its almost upon us :twisted:

Tomorrow? This is the system that brough deep snow to eastern USA.. here it's brought 10C, and rain :mrgreen:
15C here right now! Lovely.
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

The knowledgeable locals are saying the north Cornish coast is going to get a right hammering and humungous swell later today.
Look on Cornish Guardian - seem to have good updates.
Huge damage on the north Cornwall coast villages.
The Brittany buoy has just recorded 41ft waves.
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

Well, looks like it's all over down here, thank goodness.
Calm and a little sun today.
Sea a bit rough but nothing out of the ordinary.