widespread frost 11th Jan.. heads up and all that

cordyman

Re: widespread frost tonight.. heads up and all that

Post by cordyman »

sanatic1234 wrote:I am not saying you can tell by looking at it dave :lol: , that is why i have a thermometer to tell me, what i mean is it would of probably fallen by another 1c at least i was at -2c before 12:30 am last night, i would of been surprised if it had kept at -2c for nearly 10 hours? may be it could of?
It could have done, I went to bed at 0, and the low was 0 icon_thumright
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Well there go cordy i may of done yet i may not of done i will have to get one of those garden thermometers that records the low for the whole night, then i nip out in the morning then an know what i got all night, instead of what it was before i went to bed. :)
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Well there go cordy i may of done yet i may not of done i will have to get one of those garden thermometers that records the low for the whole night, then i nip out in the morning then an know what i got all night, instead of what it was before i went to bed. :)
cheshirepalms
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W

Post by cheshirepalms »

Low was 1.2c but everything car level and below was white this morning as the grass was wet all day and still was at dusk last night. Text book ground frost, I only draped fleece over my Canary Island date palm as a safeguard, everything else was left to it.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Surprisingly a heavy ground frost this morning but not quite an air frost. Temperature held all night which is quite unusual in these situations.
kata

Post by kata »

The bin lids were white around 8pm last night,

Very white, very cold this morning.

Just looked at the Basjoo, there was movement before the frost. I know there was because its tip is visible just below the top of the tree guard.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

rufc15lizzie wrote: Anyone from my area know what the temp dropped down to, roughly?
Have a look for a local amateur weatherstation near you on Wunderground?

Pick something that looks reliable - e.g. temperatures don't soar first thing in the morning when the sun hits the sensor!

Or have a look at Wundermap which will show you an animated period from, e.g., 4am to 7am this morning:

LINK Press the PLAY button bottom left :)
kata

Post by kata »

I like that, not seen it before,

Between 0C and -1 for me.

Thanks Kristen!!

icon_cheers
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

sanatic1234 wrote:Well there go cordy i may of done yet i may not of done i will have to get one of those garden thermometers that records the low for the whole night, then i nip out in the morning then an know what i got all night, instead of what it was before i went to bed. :)
these do the job and are only £13, can add another wireless sensor on it too icon_thumleft

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/W-8684-WIRELE ... 0467950100
stephenprudence

Another widespread frost tonight for those in the midlands, and west.

This time it looks more 'hard' than the other frost, and widespread -2 or -3C is certainly possible (away from towns/cities).

Here I'm looking at my first sub -2C of the season so far, despite a western element to the air flow.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

No frost here as too windy. Clear skies but low was 4.7C
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

No frost, rain during the night but sunshine at the moment.

icon_cheers
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

No frost and now feels very spring like!!!
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

stephenprudence wrote:Another widespread frost tonight for those in the midlands, and west.

This time it looks more 'hard' than the other frost, and widespread -2 or -3C is certainly possible (away from towns/cities).

Here I'm looking at my first sub -2C of the season so far, despite a western element to the air flow.
I must be escaping that then stephen, according to weather net, i am just above freezing all night. :D
stephenprudence

Yes further east may well get away with it this time.

The forecast has revised here too, still widespread frost, but the wind wil carry more of a westerly element, so frost should not be of the 'air' variety, but probably it will drop to circa 2C or maybe 1C.