widespread frost 11th Jan.. heads up and all that

sanatic1234

Re: widespread frost tonight.. heads up and all that

Post by sanatic1234 »

I have rain at the minute. been raining for about the past hour. Nothing new there then for this winter still, i am not complaining. :)
harryc

Post by harryc »

Down to 0.6C here and car frozen over. Still no protection for the Dicksonia antarctica's, long may it continue.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

3c but frostless, lovely and sunny morning again
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

No frost, very wet from the rain and now nice and sunny. :D
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Another widespread frost tonight.

Here the first air frost (both tonight and tomorrow) is very likely, but it shouldn't be too cold. (-1C @ worst)
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

Got ice starting to form and im in city based nottingham. Im all sorted though. Fleeced the lot front and back.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

low of 2*c forcast, but the clearest sky you ever did see, every constellation vivid as the moon :shock: Car is already forming a layer of condensation so frost likely. Nothing to wrap though icon_cheers
stephenprudence

So far holding up, unexpectedly strong breeze, especially considering southeasterly is usually not a great direction for here.
dino

Re: widespread frost 11th Jan.. heads up and all that

Post by dino »

Was our coldest here yet but still not quite sub zero. Expecting the same tonight.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I had -2.5c when I checked at 8:20 am this morning glad i protected the t-rex growth points in the end and washingtonia. Got them protected tonight as well.
stephenprudence

Tonight shouldn't be as cold as last night, but here I'm pleasantly surprised, I'm not getting as cold as I would usually expect. It's currently 5.2C so not dropping away to fast. Same from last night too. Could still be a frost of course, but this may take some time. It does feel fairly mild with high humidity.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Been cold where i am all day today really, could see my own breath when outside.It will certainly frost here, my low prediction is lower tonight than last nights and met said i had a low of 1c :lol:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Well turned out to stop at 2*c on the low, and no frost, and today has been lovely in the sun icon_scratch
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

I came back from Costa Rica today and was pleased there had been no frost over the 12 days I'd been away.

Plants looking good, brug stems still perky if bare, Lapageria growing, Abutilon flowering icon_thumleft