UV index 4 from 29 March

otorongo

UV index 4 from 29 March

Post by otorongo »

Weatheronline forecasts this weekend (in London) to be very sunny with UV index 2 on Saturday.

Whether this materializes or not, it shows that the sun rises high enough for UV index 2 to be possible (subject to the clarity of the sky). In other words, the darkest, index 0-1 times are almost over and we're (at least here in the South) entering the brighter, index 0-2 territory icon_sunny

icon_cheers
Last edited by otorongo on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
GREVILLE

Re: UV index 2 possible this weekend

Post by GREVILLE »

otorongo wrote:Weatheronline forecasts this weekend (in London) to be very sunny with UV index 2 on Saturday.

Whether this materializes or not, it shows that the sun rises high enough for UV index 2 to be possible (subject to the clarity of the sky). In other words, the darkest, index 0-1 times are almost over and we're (at least here in the South) entering the brighter, index 0-2 territory icon_sunny

icon_cheers
Does that mean you'll be doing your usual strip-down on Saturday, OT? Might join you and make up for lost tanning time from the awful weather I endured in the Canaries last December :lol:
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

GREVILLE wrote:Does that mean you'll be doing your usual strip-down on Saturday, OT? Might join you and make up for lost tanning time from the awful weather I endured in the Canaries last December :lol:
I'm still tan from the Costa Rica trip I returned from last week, and I'm going to Brazil next week, so this index 2 is not going to make a big difference, but I like feeling the sun on my skin so the shorts will definitely come off :lol:
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

Next weekend looking even better, both days index 2, with over 6 hours of sunshine on Sunday. Get your G-strings out!
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Guitar at the ready, OT :lol:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

sounds like time to don the budgie smugglars and head down to london to get some of this index 2 action icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Cordy's post is index-linked icon_salut
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

I had a look at the historic UV index for here, it is normally 0 from start of Nov-early Feb, then stays around 1 until early April/late March. So if you get 2 this weekend that will be up to 8 weeks ahead of me.
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

Blairs wrote:I had a look at the historic UV index for here, it is normally 0 from start of Nov-early Feb, then stays around 1 until early April/late March. So if you get 2 this weekend that will be up to 8 weeks ahead of me.
Actually I will get 11+ this weekend, how many weeks ahead of you is that? ;)
http://www.meteovista.co.uk/South-Ameri ... bo/2462331

But London may well get 2.
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

I was away in Brazil for 10 days and during that time the sun has grown from 21 deg to 27 deg icon_cheers Had lunch earlier today and the difference was striking icon_sunny
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

otorongo wrote:I was away in Brazil for 10 days and during that time the sun has grown from 21 deg to 27 deg icon_cheers Had lunch earlier today and the difference was striking icon_sunny
Friend of mine was in Rio last week and said it was 40C..told him it was 40F here!
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

Blairs wrote:Friend of mine was in Rio last week and said it was 40C..told him it was 40F here!
I was just outside of Rio. Yes it was pleasantly warm most of the time, 35-36C with a real feel of 40C, and sun all day, excepting the last 2 days when we got some rain, but the rain was needed... it was the first rain since 15 Jan.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Well UV index for the next 8 days is....

UV index 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1

Could definitely feel it today, skin warming sun, LET THE HEAT RETURN icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

It's 15C in central London right now and the sun is so strong I had to (ok, *was dying to* :D) ) take off my t-shirt and take my lunch to the park icon_cheers

That means more skin exposed to the life-giving, healing light icon_sunny
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

otorongo wrote:It's 15C in central London right now and the sun is so strong I had to (ok, *was dying to* :D) ) take off my t-shirt and take my lunch to the park icon_cheers

That means more skin exposed to the life-giving, healing light icon_sunny
Should have got down to the budgie smugglers Otorongo, and told passers by it was for "medical reasons" icon_sunny :lol: :lol: :lol: