Good news: Re: Winter.

stephenprudence

Re: Good news: Re: Winter.

Post by stephenprudence »

Even more beautiful.. in the near term it looks like the next week or so we will see near, or surpass double figure temperatures, Ive already seen 11, and 10C the last two days! Tomorrow also 10-11C, and the same for the rest of the week. I think the Foehn might come into play, locally.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

We certainly deserve an above average Spring after last years. If this winter has been so very different perhaps good news for this Spring.........?
eddie

Post by eddie »

Washingtonia Trachycarpus Cordyline? Bamboos Olive tree? Bananas
stephenprudence

I think the chance of a frost free winter for some is now actually very likely.

However, I also am starting to think March could be a month with a well below average return - not with severe frosts, more surpressed daytime temperatures, making March the most Wintry month since March last year.

However although March frosts will restore a little normality into a failed Winter season (in terms of frost/cold etc), there will most likely not be any notable cold spells.
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

Winter comes back to the US:

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/climat ... lar-vortex

Good for us?
stephenprudence

Depends what you mean by good.. stormy, flooding, incessant rain, but frost free(ish).. perhaps.
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

stephenprudence wrote:Depends what you mean by good.. stormy, flooding, incessant rain, but frost free(ish).. perhaps.
Sounds good to me icon_thumleft :lol:
stephenprudence

my god though, Americans from the Northeast of their country are going to be absolutely fed up, March in 2 days and then the incessant cold is returning there!
ourarka

Post by ourarka »

Does it look set up to fuel all those nasty Atlantic storms all over again?
stephenprudence

Perhaps, as things are trending a little further north (ie the lows in USA are further north), that should also correspond here, so I would expect a very mixed outlook.. plenty of rain, but not very cold by any means, and plenty more days of these double figure maximas.