Watch out overnight, the stars come out to play

Nigel

Re: Watch out overnight

Post by Nigel »

This weather will be a godsend , dry and sunny , with light frosts at night. Doesnt get any better than that in my opinion.
The mudlakes might even subside a bit.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Nigel wrote:This weather will be a godsend , dry and sunny , with light frosts at night. Doesnt get any better than that in my opinion.
The mudlakes might even subside a bit.
completely agree!
cheshirepalms
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W

Post by cheshirepalms »

Worst type of frost last night, the one where it rains and then freezes to leave sheet ice on the car at 6am :x . Can't be much good for plants and impossible to wrap palms, same thing tonight by the looks of it.
madgav

Post by madgav »

Yea rained most of the day yesterday before sky cleared around 4.30pm. Temps held up well during the evening and I thought we were going to get away with it, but woke to a low of -2.0C and a thick hoar frost.
It says a lot about the mildness of the winter when this was the coldest night (so far!) by a long, long way.....
cheshirepalms

Post by cheshirepalms »

March last year was a complete horror show here, frost after frost, and it continued into April. Lets hope this is no where near as significant. My coldest temperature in 2013 was on the 31st of March!
cheshirepalms

Post by cheshirepalms »

Some perspective on how good this winter has been and how we shouldn't worry about these few frosts creeping in.
cheshirepalms wrote:Thought I'd update the -4.0c or worse horror show nights. Did not think I would be updating it in March, let alone April! tonight could threaten it too!

-7.2 13/12/12
-6.1c 31/3/13
-5.6c 13/3/13
-5.0 16/1/13
-4.8c 11/12/12
-4.7 29/3/13
-4.6c 19/2/13
-4.6c 12/3/13
-4.3c 2/4/13
-4.3c 2/3/13
-4.3c 11/3/13
-4.0c 25/1/13
:x
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

I think there will be a fairly hard frost tonight here for March, no clouds, no wind at all, and temperature is dropping very fast. I'd be surprised to stay above -2C.. this is the worst case scenario in this situation. :shock:
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

We got 1.6C last night :ahhh!: according to Wunderground Kensington. I think much of my garden stayed warmer.
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

No trouble with frost here. Cool, they are yes. I don't really mind frosts in March when they are light, most of the time the day afterwards is mild and sunny then.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Exotic Life wrote:No trouble with frost here. Cool, they are yes. I don't really mind frosts in March when they are light, most of the time the day afterwards is mild and sunny then.

Great weather setup at the moment. This Saturday looks gorgeous in particular
samtobuk

Post by samtobuk »

Significant ground frost here last two days, cars white top to bottom in the morning, although thawing quickly with the morning sun. I have decided I am definitely in a frost hollow (despite being near the top of the sides of one bit of it!). :evil:

Still, as long as the GH min stays above 5 degrees, none of the plants that matter care!
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

A low of 8C last night, 11C at 9am and a clear sky... the warmest morning in a long time! After such a good start and with the sun, it may get quite warm in the day icon_thumleft No frost this year so far and no chance of it in the foreseeable future.
stephenprudence

GFS wants to bring some rather hard frosts to western areas... In that situation where frosts of-3 or -4C occurred I doubt double figure temperatures would be achieved in the day and given the air mass coming over the UK I do fond this exceptionally difficult to believe.. But who knows maybe damaging frosts will occur this week.. But if it does it will feel very cold in the day too. I don't buy it!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

stephenprudence wrote:GFS wants to bring some rather hard frosts to western areas... In that situation where frosts of-3 or -4C occurred I doubt double figure temperatures would be achieved in the day and given the air mass coming over the UK I do fond this exceptionally difficult to believe.. But who knows maybe damaging frosts will occur this week.. But if it does it will feel very cold in the day too. I don't buy it!
Looks quite nice to me where you are Stephen.
Attachments
nice.jpg
stephenprudence

In the upcoming setup that looks rather cool if there is to be sunshine. It could well be massively underestimated tenperatures if those type of conditions come off. Ps I cannot see it reaching 13C today as its only 5C right now!