Watch out overnight, the stars come out to play

otorongo

Re: Watch out overnight

Post by otorongo »

I see a cold spell from around Thursday next week with daytime highs possibly falling into single figures. No frost down here.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

When I wrote rubbish I meant rubbish for stephen icon_thumright[/quote]
:oops: Thought you meant he was talking rubbish :oops: :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :oops: ...having re read it I can see why you did. Genuinely meant tubbish for Stephen as i had presumed most of had been enjoying the sun. I jinxed myself though as today it clouded over and turned pretty cold.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

I knew the context Tom don't worry icon_thumleft
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Tom2006 wrote:
:lol: :oops: ...having re read it I can see why you did. Genuinely meant tubbish for Stephen as i had presumed most of had been enjoying the sun. I jinxed myself though as today it clouded over and turned pretty cold.
Stephen's tubbish now is he :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'd better get me coat :shock: :shock:
stephenprudence

cordyman wrote:
Tom2006 wrote:
Stephen's tubbish now is he :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'd better get me coat :shock: :shock:
Im sure there are people who think I'm rubbish in that way, but in this case it was not meant like that of course.. even if it was, no problem, everyone's entitled to an opinion :mrgreen:

'Tubbish' is a great gardening word though! and relevant.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

cordyman wrote:
Tom2006 wrote:
:oops: :lol: ....rubbish and tubbish....sorry Stephen icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

stephenprudence wrote:So turns out my pessimistic forecast for the week was closer to the mark than some expected..
I am sorry but your daily doom forecast wasnt even close to the mark. The week has been very good, even under cool grey skies. When the sun has emerged it has been wonderful. Next weeks daily doom forecast may be justified.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

today was the worst of the last week for me, windy, overcast, and high of 13*c, still went out biking and thought it was a rather nice day :lol:

bar that though can't complain, a ton of sun, as Springy a week as it gets icon_cheers
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

Officially just below 19C here, 21C in my garden. The best of the week so far, being a Saturday, but tomorrow is a Sunday and it may just beat it icon_thumleft
A low of 8C forecast tonight with a clear sky and full-ish moon :)

The lowest low in the 5-day forecast is 7C, so no frost to watch out for by a long shot.
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

otorongo wrote:Officially just below 19C here, 21C in my garden. The best of the week so far, being a Saturday, but tomorrow is a Sunday and it may just beat it icon_thumleft
A low of 8C forecast tonight with a clear sky and full-ish moon :)

The lowest low in the 5-day forecast is 7C, so no frost to watch out for by a long shot.
I was in London last week and it was cold Monday -Thursday in the wind. Was nice in areas out of the wind on Wed-Thurs. The fog on Wednesday and Thursday was thick. I do not think plants are that far ahead tbvh.
stephenprudence

Does look cooler next week, however wed expect it given we've been above average on a nationwide level for a while now, so a period of below average temperatures is to be expected. Eastern USA will have a reprieve from the persistent cold winter storms however so they should be relieved as we finally take some of the burden.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Looks to me like this will be a blip and the great spring will resume some time next week after 3 or 4 days of unsettled weather and a brief northerly. The azores high wants to push back in, so nothing to worry about, weather remains on a positive track.
stephenprudence

Yes it does look like the Azores wants to exert more of an influence. The past few days have been quite pleasant when it's been sunny, typically Springlike. For now the leaf shoots are holding back, with good reason of course as frost can catch young shoots out, but in general, it's a typically Spring outlook, with some mild days, mixed with some chilly days.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

my bamboos are going crazy, new culms everywhere, was snapping a load off yesterday which were too close to the wall :cry:
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

cordyman wrote:my bamboos are going crazy, new culms everywhere, was snapping a load off yesterday which were too close to the wall :cry:

The Fargesias that I planted last year are also shooting like crazy.