Forum Donations

Kristen

Re: Forum Donations

Post by Kristen »

WoW! MyHermes Done Good then :) Hope it does well for you :)
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Yeah very speedy delivery and box arrived in A1 condition icon_thumleft
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

I was pleasantly surprised ... in the past I've had them pick up, which is a "order today, they come tomorrow" thing. But I thought I would try dropping off at their local 7-11 type store (as I was in dire straights on the Hobnobs stock-level!!), there was a fair pile of parcels in the shop, so plenty of other people doing drop-off too, and when I checked the parcel status online it was picked up within a couple of hours (that may have been luck / timing of course), so that saved a day's travel time.

Not really worth it for the 30p [or whatever] price reduction, but dead handy for anyone out at work and not able to be around for a collection.

If anyone wants to use MyHermes get someone to introduce you for a 10% off first-order token
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Kristen wrote:I was pleasantly surprised ... in the past I've had them pick up, which is a "order today, they come tomorrow" thing. But I thought I would try dropping off at their local 7-11 type store (as I was in dire straights on the Hobnobs stock-level!!), there was a fair pile of parcels in the shop, so plenty of other people doing drop-off too, and when I checked the parcel status online it was picked up within a couple of hours (that may have been luck / timing of course), so that saved a day's travel time.

Not really worth it for the 30p [or whatever] price reduction, but dead handy for anyone out at work and not able to be around for a collection.

If anyone wants to use MyHermes get someone to introduce you for a 10% off first-order token

I may give them a try next time I ship something, with Royals Mails new parcel re-structure. I'm craving some choccy hob nobs and a brew now :ahhh!: :D
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

cordyman wrote:with Royals Mails new parcel re-structure
The Royal mail "Size of parcel" thing complicates the whole deal. Yet-another-con to catch people out and try to generate more revenue I think ... although maybe there is something in larger envelopes having to be handled differently to regular sized ones through the automatic machinery?

Royal Mail 2KG parcel was going to be about 8 quid I think, MyHermes was 4 quid-ish. No contest!
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Royal Mail are currently inflating theor prices to make the books look better prior to privatisation and the big sell off.

I expect the prices will drop again at some point.
Springy

Post by Springy »

A long overdue donation placed!

Dig deep for Dave and Aido peeps!