Aido and other webmasters and webmistress'

kata

Re: Aido and other webmasters and webmistress'

Post by kata »

Thanks Musa

I have many files to organise, then a format so to start from scratch.

Why don't they make windows free...miserable git. Gates has more money than he knows what to do with, even giving loads away.

Thanks Musa!!
jezza

Post by jezza »

kata wrote:
So Jez, Thats now a mystery lol I thought ALL machines stored files on the 'C'?
That's you thinking in windows terms as you've never used other operating systems. Both linux and macs do not have a C drive, if they did microshaft would have them in court. Most viruses and malware are .exe files, as linux and mac don't use .exe files, viruses cannot work.
kata

Post by kata »

Oh, thanks Jez,

I have been on Win since 1999 when I created my dog a web site. Been on:

* Windows XP Home Edition, for home desktops and laptops
* Windows XP Professional, for business and power users (Version number: NT 5.1.2600)
* Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, for PCs with x86-64 processors (based on Windows Server 2003)

but I will dl Linux as soon as I get the machine ready for formatting. What I want is a seperate HD that sits on the set of drawers near my machine.

At the moment on Vista Ultimate.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jezza

Post by jezza »

Could always dual boot? You'll still have windows if you need it.
kata

Post by kata »

My son has the knowledge and would probably do just that,

Although I have tons of Images on here I still have a spare drive.

I have 300 GB between the two drives, only a quarter used on one drive. Space is'nt a problem, some Images are not where they should be and some have been repeated.

I need to tidy up but time is at a premium most days. I have three Wordpress sites to keep updated and a forum thats got nothing in it yet, created today.
icon_cheers
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

You couls alway partition you drive.....windows\ibuntu. I would use it normally but my jod demands microft knowledge so I just run XP & W7
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !