logging in

carolpz

logging in

Post by carolpz »

Does anyone know why I have to log in for each visit to this forum even though I always tick the automatic login box? It drives me mad especially when, once I have logged in and write something I often have to log in again and then write my comments all over again. Pleeeaaassseee help!!! icon_aaargh
leewatson1980

Re: logging in

Post by leewatson1980 »

how often do you delete your internet history?, If you clear your history often "I think" you have to login evertime.
I cleared mine recently and had to fill in all my details for the sites I visit.

got any teenagers that don't want you knowing their searching habbits :lol:

Lee
leewatson1980

Post by leewatson1980 »

carolpz wrote:It drives me mad especially when, once I have logged in and write something I often have to log in again and then write my comments all over again. Pleeeaaassseee help!!! icon_aaargh
not sure about this, are your setting set to delete history automatic?, I don't even know if that's possible.

Lee
leewatson1980

Post by leewatson1980 »

Just had a look in my settings and "guessing", if these boxes were ticked, I think I would get the same thing happen to me.
Attachments
cookies.jpg
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Depending what OS\browser you are using you may have also told it "not to remember passwords".....
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
pdid

Post by pdid »

Yes browser dependant, check the settings lee mentioned. If these are showing correctly it may be coddy`s explanation.

In that case, or either case you need to go into your browser settings, find cookies, and delete the Hardy Tropicals cookie and start again. Don`t delete all cookies or you will have to re-input user details on all the websites you visit.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I don't think it is related to history, as that just keeps a record of the sites you have visited. It is almost certainly a cookie setting. as the remember password is does with cookies. If cookies are disabled clicking the auto login will not work.

With auto login set even if your session times out, or drops, it will auto log you in as you hit the submit button.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Try this.......
Attachments
untitled.JPG
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

It is based on sessions, and when the session times out the cookie re-opens the last session. It isn't about saving passwords on your PC or browser as far as I am aware.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by carolpz »

I use a mac so will check the equivalent of the internet preferences. Many thanks all.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

My home pc and phone still have this issue of constant resign ins. Losing what I've typed usually :cry:
kata

Post by kata »

I am testing this out,

I just logged in, then ticked keep me logged in. I now should be able to close this window and go into the garden, also prepare dinner etc till lets say 5pm/1700.

I will see what happens.
Bye till 5pm :lol: :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Am back.

Did not have to login again... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

The website and forum are set up the same for everyone, adhering to the standards for website access. Our hosting is done by a professional hosting company, hosting many 1000s of customers. We are running the lastest level of phpbb forum software used by millions around the world.

What is different for each member is exactly what is running on their PC, and how it is set up to run it, their anti virus, and how that is configured, their firewall and how it is configured, their internet connection and how that is configured, and their internet provider, and how it handles connections to websites.

I only had a problem with logging off when I had a setting to delete cookies on browser closure. Then you have to manually login every time after you have closed your browser.

If you have a setting of not allowing cookies, or you have this site as not trusted, then your PC may reject a cookie from Hardy Tropicals, logging you out when the session times out, or when your ISP times it out for you.

AOL users may have problems as everytime you connect you may use a different IP address. Sessions have IP address info, so you won't automatically resume the session if on a different IP.

My only suggestion for those who get logged out, other than getting someone to check your settings as listed above, is to type your posts into an email. then copy and paste into the site.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

Have you not a solution for Ade Dave

He can't even login. :( :(

Any advice will be most appreciated...we could pass it on, or Reds Could.

Thanks!!
icon_cheers