logging in

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: logging in

Post by Dave Brown »

kata wrote:Have you not a solution for Ade Dave

He can't even login. :( :(

Any advice will be most appreciated...we could pass it on, or Reds Could.

Thanks!!
icon_cheers
he'll need to email us with the symptoms as we would be here for years with chinese whispers back and forth.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

Not sure about the chinese whispers must be Estury thingie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, will see he gets the message, thanks Dave!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

My advice to Ade would be to reinstall his OS, it's obviously a problem at his end and short of going round to his house and scouring his config files, registry settings, cookies and temporary internet files for conflicts nothing else is going to perform a system reset so quickly and easily.
kata

Post by kata »

Ade has already tried some things Goggle,

Also not everyone is tech minded, espoecially when it comes to a format. There is much to do like saving files to disc or desktop harddrive, or removale discs.

Everything would need updates as well.

I would rather let Ade get in touch with Dave and see what each other can do to resolve the problem. Footie will soon be starting and I know he loves that banter.

I can't tell him yet Dave, EPS is down, or was minutes ago.

icon_cheers
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I'm not saying he should format Kata, just reinstall.

It will leave all his files intact just sort his OS out, that's got to be where his troubles lie.

Dave may be tech savvy but even Bill Gates would struggle to sort a 'non-specific' problem like this without getting the puter boxed up and shipped to him.

Even then, he'd just reinstall the OS.

;)
kata

Post by kata »

So Install a new install on top of a bad install,

What if that machine does'nt have the memory for two OS. We once tried that and still ended up formatting.

Surely its better to start from scratch with a clean machine. Thats what happens here. At least every six months I save my directories to removable discs and get the lad to do a full format.

Anytime soon after he comes back from hols I will ask him to format. I am doing my savings this week - almost done. Apart from anything else formatting removes the crappe programes leave behind.

Ged it swiped I say.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

It doesn't involve reinstalling at all, it just replaces all the OS files with clean install-like versions and removes stuff in those folders that shouldn't be there ie: Conflicts.

There are other ways too. Personally I have 3 drives and 2 have OS on them. If one doesn't work I'll change the boot drive in bios and carry on.

My 3rd drive is an external which has a completely clean backup on it, all my programs installed and work files intact. If the worst comes to the worst I just reauthor using that backup to whichever drive is having problems. This way I can keep all the newer files I need on the conflicted drive and drag them across once I've sorted the OS by booting from the other internal drive.

You don't need enormous drives to use this method, a £20 investment can save you weeks of faffing and lost time.