Video Tutorial - HTUK Gallery & Attaching Pictures to posts

fieldfest

Video Tutorial - HTUK Gallery & Attaching Pictures to posts

Post by fieldfest »

I see some people have trouble attaching photos, so thought i'd use some spare time to show you how to use the user gallery feature on this website and how to attach a photo within the forum

i know some use photobucket so well done to you, this thread is not for you. I use photoshop and usually directly attach the pictures to the post, but this is for people that dont know how to resize or attach. the HTUK gallery is not blocked by anyone (unlike photobucket etc) and your gallery will be available for all to see

an alternative method would be instead of right clicking on the image and going to 'properties', go to 'save picture as'. then save it to your PC, which saves that small version to your computer and the forum should accept that to be directly attached to your post.
Last edited by fieldfest on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Video Tutorial - HTUK Gallery & Attaching Pictures to po

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Really useful. My question is How did you make the video? :lol: :lol: :lol:
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:Really useful. My question is How did you make the video? :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://camstudio.org/

free
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

fieldfest wrote:
Yorkshire Kris wrote:Really useful. My question is How did you make the video? :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://camstudio.org/

free
Cheers
kata

Post by kata »

I like that F.F...thankyou very much, most thoughtful.

I used to use the one from Adobe, forget the name now. I got it for DW tutorials for a forum of mine.

Best idea yet..bookmarked for future reference for others.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

In case useful: I make screen-grab-tutorials using Wink.

Its a bit different to Camtasia (which, as I udnerstand it, you need to make in one smooth motion - e.g. mouse movements - and its hard to remove things like tooltip-popups and the cursor being in the way of something behind it).

Using Wink you define an area of the screen to "capture" (and it puts crop-corner-marks up for you as a guide). You then manoeuvre the application's window so the bit you want to capture is showing in that guide, and then run the App and make your actions. As you go along you use a hot-key to capture suitable frames.

So you then have a filmstrip of frames that you can edit.

You can edit each frame to:

Add a voice-over (frame duration will adjust to length of audio clip)
Add transitions - e.g. for the mouse to move, smoothly, from this frame to position on the next frame
(You can set the mouse position for the current frame, or turn it off)
Add callouts / buttons (a button can do go-to-frame, just be a "Press to continue", or go-to-to-WWW-address etc.)

There is also a means of scrolling - so if you need to move the app, behind the crop window, to get to a different area of the screen that can be made to look "smooth" (but I don't think there is a "zoom an area of the screen" like you have in Camtasia)

Using one-screen-grab per character its easy to get a nice effect of typing into form fields (all the typos people make & correct are all very well, and cute!, but I prefer something that is just to-the-point when I make a tutorial). Also you can return and re-edit the existing tutorial to "improve" it if you have after-thoughts.

There are other things you can adjust during the editing phase too ...

Then when you are done your "tutorial" is converted to a movie (various formats available)
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Kristen wrote:
In case useful: I make screen-grab-tutorials using Wink.

Its a bit different to Camtasia (which, as I udnerstand it, you need to make in one smooth motion - e.g. mouse movements - and its hard to remove things like tooltip-popups and the cursor being in the way of something behind it).

Using Wink you define an area of the screen to "capture" (and it puts crop-corner-marks up for you as a guide). You then manoeuvre the application's window so the bit you want to capture is showing in that guide, and then run the App and make your actions. As you go along you use a hot-key to capture suitable frames.

So you then have a filmstrip of frames that you can edit.

You can edit each frame to:

Add a voice-over (frame duration will adjust to length of audio clip)
Add transitions - e.g. for the mouse to move, smoothly, from this frame to position on the next frame
(You can set the mouse position for the current frame, or turn it off)
Add callouts / buttons (a button can do go-to-frame, just be a "Press to continue", or go-to-to-WWW-address etc.)

There is also a means of scrolling - so if you need to move the app, behind the crop window, to get to a different area of the screen that can be made to look "smooth" (but I don't think there is a "zoom an area of the screen" like you have in Camtasia)

Using one-screen-grab per character its easy to get a nice effect of typing into form fields (all the typos people make & correct are all very well, and cute!, but I prefer something that is just to-the-point when I make a tutorial). Also you can return and re-edit the existing tutorial to "improve" it if you have after-thoughts.

There are other things you can adjust during the editing phase too ...

Then when you are done your "tutorial" is converted to a movie (various formats available)
icon_thumleft