HTUK Application

kata

Re: HTUK Application

Post by kata »

Its an Iphone app,

Ah, nope not for me I have enough to think about.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

I'd love to use an app for HTUK! I was just about to download the android 'Tapatalk' app after it was mentioned, but I see it features 'automatically start at boot'. This will no doubt use too much of my phone's memory and battery power. I had to uninstall the latest version of the ebay app, for this reason. My phone went crazy, vibrating and doing other random things. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Mini running Android 2.2.1. A firmware upgrade might help, but the latest version isn't available to download yet.
turtile

Post by turtile »

There is also Forumrunner which has a free read-only version:
http://www.forumrunner.net/

The best way to do this would be a mobile style:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2131689
dave2166

Post by dave2166 »

Trudytropics wrote:Ste you mean you have room on your iPhone for something other than girls numbers :roll: :lol:
OH MAN.... tmi.... :lol: :lol:
grub

Post by grub »

Roll on 4G
lee1125

Post by lee1125 »

Its a yes from me, i would definitely use it, even if i had to pay for it.
SharkOfSweden

Post by SharkOfSweden »

Hardy tropicals should connect with Tapatalk.....many people use that app for iPad, iPhone to more easy load pictures to forums!

PLEASE DAVE can u fix that?

//

Timmy
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

I had completely forgotten about this and didnt see this
The best way to do this would be a mobile style:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2131689
I've now added a mobile version of the site so when viewed by mobile devices it should look different...

If you want to switch to the full site there are links at the bottom of every page.
lee1125

Post by lee1125 »

It's a lot easier to see the forum on my phone now. Thank you :)

Should I be able to post pictures from my phone too?
mixiepalms

Post by mixiepalms »

im on android, and use opera mini, all sites converted to mobile! no change for me!
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

If its an iPhone unfortunately not. Safari on the iPhone doesn't support file uploads, the only way to do it is with an app which would lose the post details when it uploaded the image... :(
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

mixiepalms wrote:im on android, and use opera mini, all sites converted to mobile! no change for me!
no change? erm could you visit this website on your phone and see what the user agent says...
http://show-ip.net/browserinfo/
e.g. has it got android in it or something like mobile etc..

Its detected based on having one of the following Phrases in the useragent:
  • Mobile
    Symbian
    Opera M
    Android
    HTC_
    Fennec/
    Blackberry
    Windows Phone
    WP7
    WP8
lee1125

Post by lee1125 »

aidothedado wrote:If its an iPhone unfortunately not. Safari on the iPhone doesn't support file uploads, the only way to do it is with an app which would lose the post details when it uploaded the image... :(
Yeah it's an iPhone. That's a shame about pics :(
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

yea when you said I thought that'd be nice.

The 2 ways i can see is you call an app which then uploads to something like flikr and then i get the server to grab the image off of flikr, but that leaves the images on flikr and just doesnt seem very nice (and i've no idea if it will even behave nicely with the forum)

There is a browser you can use instead of safari called icab browser but its not a free one £1.49.
lee1125

Post by lee1125 »

aidothedado wrote:yea when you said I thought that'd be nice.

The 2 ways i can see is you call an app which then uploads to something like flikr and then i get the server to grab the image off of flikr, but that leaves the images on flikr and just doesnt seem very nice (and i've no idea if it will even behave nicely with the forum)

There is a browser you can use instead of safari called icab browser but its not a free one £1.49.
Just been reading up about the icab browser on the app store. Most of the reviews are good so may have a go with that.