I Could Cry

Deedee

I Could Cry

Post by Deedee »

:( Its took me over an hour to write a blog and just went to paste the last pic, pressed reload :? and lost the the lot Grrrrrrr Image
RogerBacardy

Re: I Could Cry

Post by RogerBacardy »

Happens to me a lot too. I get logged out and don't realise as I'm crafting the post, only when I hit preview does it ask me to log in again and then it's all gone.

Most of the time I remember to copy all before hitting preview. So if I get logged out I can paste it back in 1 lump.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I have Firefox so that never happens to me, I just need to click back and refresh and it's all there again.

;)
kata

Post by kata »

I had that a lot last year...so annoying Dee,

One lesson you *have* to learn Dee is save..save whatever you write before leaving your page. A lot (text) can be wrote in notepad. Add your Images first, then copy your text from Notepad and paste.

It does'nt matter where you put the Images before text as you can copy and paste the link to each pic when your text is in...do not leave the window, do it all beforehand.

Whats the software? If it had been Wordpress (I use that) then your work would have been auto saved as a draft, without you saving it.

Sorry for the loss of the work, its very frustrating for you.

:( :(
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Yep before i 'preview' anything on here i always copy it first.
Im not sure why but quite often i loose everything when i click on preview.
Sucks loosing it after you spend a good amount of time writing something.
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

It doesen,t help that im hungover and there,s 5 kids running wild :mrgreen: Thanks for the advice everyone, at least i have the pics in PB, should be quicker if i redo the blog!
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Wow hungover at this time :shock: , must have been quite a session Deedee drunken_smilie1

Liking your hulk btw, brilliant icon_thumleft
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Trudytropics wrote:Wow hungover at this time :shock: , must have been quite a session Deedee drunken_smilie1

Liking your hulk btw, brilliant icon_thumleft
It was Trudyt, Wallsend, press a button and see what you win, BOGOF icon_thumleft Paying for it today tho :mrgreen:
call

Post by call »

that must be ANNOYING more so than sitting on the bus with some girl singing justin bebier

more like justin bever
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Hahahaha Call.
billdango

Post by billdango »

I was filled with strangled choking rage, after like dee dee spending ages writing a post then losing the blasted lot?

What went wrong I don,t know but now I take more care.

rgds Billdango. :x :x :x :x
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

My own fault Billdango, I pressed the wrong button icon_geek
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Had the same thing with a report that I wrote for uni, hours of work, tables, diagrammes, figures, paragraphs of text....gone :shock: :cry: It was due the next day as well and my lecturer wasnt that sympathetic to my plight when I asked for an extension :?

Something went wrong with the hard-drive, Id been saving as I went along like a good thing but hadnt done any back-ups. Now whenever I save anything to disk, hard-drive, USB etc I also email a copy to myself as a backup.
Last edited by Troppoz on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Devastating that Sean :shock: Ive stopped crying now lol, I consoled mysef by thinking no one would of replied anyway :mrgreen:
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Sorry to hear that Deedee. One forum I use has a RESET button (which just clears the text in the reply-box. Its right next to SEND and I've pressed that on more than one occasion :(

My advice to anyone choosing a Blog host is to consider Wordpress, it has two great strengths IMO:

It offers "Pages" as well as "Posts". "Posts" are what most people think of for a Blog, time-line / diary articles.

"Pages" are permanent and hierarchical, so you can use it to set up a mini-website. So if you want an About page, or similar, then it won't get buried after a couple of months like a Blog post does. Or you can make an Index page with links to various "perennial" posts.

And secondly, as Kata said, it auto-saves the text you type every 30 seconds or so, so even if you SAVE/overwrite with a wrecked version, accidentally, you can still go back and retrieve what you need from an earlier version.

Having said that, I haven't looked closely at Blogger recently, so perhaps it has those features too now?