Randomly Logged Out Of Site

Kyle

Randomly Logged Out Of Site

Post by Kyle »

Over the last couple of weeks I've had several occasions where I've been randomly logged out of the site. I changed my password a couple of times, but it still keeps happening.

It's happened while I've been in the middle of writing a reply. When I've submitted the reply I get a log in request, but it does happen randomly. Several times this morning already.

Anyone else been having similar issues lately?
musabasjoos

Re: Randomly Logged Out Of Site

Post by musabasjoos »

Kyle, its probably your browser not handling this site cookies properly. Try deleting all cookies relating to this site in your browser.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Thanks Darren. I've done that and will see if it sorts out the problem. icon_thumright
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

mine still does this on all browsers, on different pcs, but only on this site.

something is inherently broke somewhere

but i live with it by copy and pasting every reply i type out before it asks me to log in again
jezza

Post by jezza »

The site just crashed completely for me a few minutes ago. It was only out for around 2 minutes.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Funny it only affects a few people, so the site is broken for some, and not for others. Must be the site deciding it does not like some members than :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Andy P »

I`ve never had a problem with this site. I did have the same problem with another forum i was a member of quite a few years ago and i never did get to the bottom of it. icon_scratch
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I think that was the same problem I had about a year ago, I was being logged out after each post, in the end it became unuseable.
I stopped coming here for a month or more and when I did return everything was fine and (touch wood) still is.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I did remove the cookies yesterday as Darren suggested and the problem is still there today.

It isn't consistent. Sometimes, I'm logged out completely, Other times, i'm logged out but I'm still showing as a registered user online. This happened just now, and when I clicked 'Login' on the menu it didn't ask for my password, but simply refreshed the page to show all the other topic areas (Off Topic, etc) that you get once logged in.
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-04-22 at 09.09.29.jpg
kata

Post by kata »

Sounds like PHPBB is still as buggy as it used to be,

It really was known to be buggy. Admins were always being advised to keep their versions up to date. I would Imagine Aide keeps this up to date.
Must be the site deciding it does not like some members than others.
:mrgreen:

I said Buggy not Buddy.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

We are using standard phpbb, and sessions are set to 4hrs, so if you are being logged out in less than that time, it is that you, or your ISP are dropping the connection. To be quite honest Aidan has spent so much time investigating this over the years, and it always comes down to some people have this problem, but most don't, so could be phpbb reacting with some other software, or a registry type issue, but most likely an ISP issue.

I mentioned it to Aidan last night, and his first question was "are they using BT infinity", as that seems to have some major issues with connectivity. Not sure what the problem is on that, but could drop the connection to the site when no activity. Then if you don't have auto login set, you will get the login screen. This has all been discussed on here before.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by musabasjoos »

Ive never had a problem to be honest, Ive been signed in constantly for a least 6 months.

I'm using Ubuntu 11.10 (Linux), Firefox browser and my ISP is talk talk.
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Fine for me......on IE. Those who have problems.....do they loose conection to other sites ?
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

Always had this prob here, only on this site.

I've learnt to copy all before hitting preview, when posting, so if I am unexpectedly logged out I can paste it back in. So not really a problem for me.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Ive had this problem before but not for a long time.