Invisible forum

Kerinsian

Invisible forum

Post by Kerinsian »

I had to re-install an xp OS on the computer yesterday having previously been running windows 7. When I log on now I can no longer see the members only Swaps, freebies, and casual sales forum, is this something to do with running xp home service pack 3? or is it that I shouldn't have had access in the first place as I'm so new? (I can still see the events and garden guide forums)

I've noticed on another forum that previously available buttons are now no longer there at all so I suspect it's the re-install, but would appreciate knowing if I need to be here longer before having access to the forum. (I can access it by looking at my previous posts and clicking the link from there)

Many thanks :)
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Invisible forum

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Kerinsian,

In this case it is not your xp, but there was a problem that 'registered usesr' were able to see the swaps forum when they were not meant to. It is to do with the way permissions work on phpbb. The swaps forum is for active members, rather than someone who just registers then does not take part.

This came to light when new members tried to sell, or swap plants before being made a 'registered user +'. They then complained that they could not send, or reply to, pms, which is standard policy.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Kerinsian »

That's fine and I totally understand the reasons for the rules, thanks for answering. :)

Can you clarify please what you mean by active members? do you mean members who post? as I can now see the forum again, so am I now a registered+ member?
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Kerinsian wrote:
Can you clarify please what you mean by active members? do you mean members who post? as I can now see the forum again, so am I now a registered+ member?
In general members who have posted more than 10 posts are considered for registered user +, and yes I migrated you this afternoon :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Kerinsian »

Thank you Dave :D
I already love it here and am very well behaved :wink:
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

Kerinsian wrote:Thank you Dave :D
I already love it here and am very well behaved :wink:
:lol: :lol: you aint got in with the footy crew yet :lol: :lol: icon_thumright icon_thumright :wink: :wink:
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Kerinsian

Post by Kerinsian »

Not going to happen :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Coward............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your not initiated till you have been in footie :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
flounder

Post by flounder »

You mean you're not initiated until you've been abused in the footie thread :wink:
kata

Post by kata »

Well Flounder,

I did'nt like to say............... :lol: :lol:

Frikin hek,

Bet we scared K off... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just been looking at the opposition ready for August...HAHAHAHA
Kerinsian

Post by Kerinsian »

I do not scare easily :roll:

I would definately get abused in the footie forum though, as I have no interest whatsoever in the game. :P
kata

Post by kata »

Sacrilidge..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kerinsian

Post by Kerinsian »

Female :lol: :P
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I would remind everyone that this is the Technical forum, and is sending emails to Aidan (webmaster) on every post. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Kerinsian »

My apologies Dave and Aidan, I didn't know that was a function of the board, now that I do this is my last post in this thread, and thank you both :)