Pets corner

Julia

Pets corner

Post by Julia »

As I'm new I'm having a look around all of the forum. When I click on active topics , I could see someone had posted in pets corner. But when I look in the list of forum sections, I can't find it???
You will have to excuse me , if there is one and I can't see it!!!
kata

Re: Pets corner

Post by kata »

Probably because your new Julia,

Some are off limits till Dave allows you...sorry!!
New and non active members may not have full functionality in keeping with our anti spam and nusience policy. These members will not be able to use the PM and email facility until they actively start posting. Also any member who ceases to post for a period of time will become 'non-active' be subject to similar restrictions.
http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... ?f=15&t=75

icon_cheers icon_cheers
Julia

Post by Julia »

Oh ok :)
Thought I was having a blonde moment !?! Lol

kata wrote:Probably because your new Julia,

Some are off limits till Dave allows you...sorry!!
New and non active members may not have full functionality in keeping with our anti spam and nusience policy. These members will not be able to use the PM and email facility until they actively start posting. Also any member who ceases to post for a period of time will become 'non-active' be subject to similar restrictions.
http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... ?f=15&t=75

icon_cheers icon_cheers
RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

log in, go to off topic (members only) and then you'll find the pets corner forum, listed near the top.
flounder

Post by flounder »

Roger, I think Katas right. Its a new member thing. Once you've been posting actively for a while, you can plead with the boss for access to all areas. Its a way of stopping spammy types icon_thumright
RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

I know about the reasoning behind the limited functionality for new members, but thought that was more about restrictions on messaging and restrictions on posting attachments, rather than denying access to view the members' section as a new member. I might be wrong, though.

However, as a new member she might not know that the pet forum is a forum within a forum, only accessable when logged in and in the Off Topic, you have been warned- lol (members only) forum.
kata

Post by kata »

she might not know that the pet forum is a forum within a forum
I think as she wanted to look then Julia must have seen the 'Pets corner' forum, but she was unable to look or subscribe..thats because Julia is very new.