Clocks Change -Resetting the forum from BST to GMT

Conifers

Re: Clocks Change -Resetting the forum from BST to GMT

Post by Conifers »

From Wikipedia:
The journalist Peter Hitchens, among others, proposes the abolition of BST entirely, favouring GMT all year round. Advocates cite in their support a lack of practical gains from the adjustment of time, arguing instead that changes in school and/or business hours would achieve similar results without disrupting a scientific standard.
Not often I agree with Peter Hitchens, but on this, he's absolutely right. We should stay on real time - what our longitude specifies, i.e. GMT - all year. If people want light evenings after work and dark mornings to go with them, then reset the working hours, not the clocks.
Tom2006

Re: Clocks Change -Resetting the forum from BST to GMT

Post by Tom2006 »

simon wrote:
Tom2006 wrote:I had a scary thought today that the planet wont tilt back and we stay in winter forever!?! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
I think your misunderstanding how it works. The earth doesn't tilt back anf forth. Its axis is always tilted in the same direction, but the seasons change as it rotates around the sun and its hemispheres become inclined towards or away from the sun.
Thanks I do understand, I just meant that somehow we just remained in winter forever. :lol:
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.