Hardy Tropicals goes Mobile

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Hardy Tropicals goes Mobile

Post by Dave Brown »

Today we went live with our Mobile version of the Hardy Tropicals site. This is browser sensing so when you go to hardytropicals.co.uk from a mobile device it will automatically return the mobile version. This is a much simplified layout with bigger buttons for people with clumsey fingers like me. It also returns a font big enough to read icon_thumright
Attachments
2013-02-02-21-14-56-FJ Mobile 1.jpg
2013-02-02-21-15-08-FJ Mobile 2.jpg
2013-02-02-21-15-36-FJ Mobile 3.jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Re: Hardy Tropicals goes Mobile

Post by GREVILLE »

Thank you, Dave and Aidan, for setting this up. If it took HTUK to get me to use a laptop, it may only take a few more years to work out the full capacity of my mobile phone. I have internet facility on it but I still don't know how to work it icon_scratch Only the power of HTUK gives me the sufficient desire to try :lol:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Top Banana!

Now I can HTUK on the train without the laptop, woohoo!

:DD
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Top Banana!

Thought trains went woowoo. But then they are mobile icon_profileleft icon_profileright Always travel by car so couldn't do it then. Hate reading the mags at the dental surgery, so my target is to work this out in time for my next appointment - something to get my teeth into icon_thumright
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

GREVILLE wrote:
GoggleboxUK wrote:Top Banana!

Thought trains went woowoo. But then they are mobile
That's the gray trains down south, up here we have party trains.

:lol:
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
stevieboy1

Post by stevieboy1 »

Fantastic I can get on and look about On here now even when I can't get to the PC yay ;-)

Regards
Steve ;-)
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

GoggleboxUK wrote:That's the gray trains down south, up here we have party trains.

Methinks you mean gravy trains down south? :wink:

Steady

Post by Steady »

The first time i found HTUK was on my iphone and have been checking the site out on it since then,all still seems to be the same as before so cant really work out what has changed, i can see the images of the site on this thread but its not like that on my iphone,do i need to do anything to get the mobile version?
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

not checked out the forum on this yet, but normally I have to switch back to desktop site as key things are missing like "view your posts" and "forum index" etc, i'll have to check the new version out later icon_thumleft
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Great to be able to open the site on the iPhone. Thanks :D
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Steady wrote:The first time i found HTUK was on my iphone and have been checking the site out on it since then,all still seems to be the same as before so cant really work out what has changed, i can see the images of the site on this thread but its not like that on my iphone,do i need to do anything to get the mobile version?
The forum layout has not changed as that is phpbb and not the website, but the website is much more navigable.
cordyman wrote:not checked out the forum on this yet, but normally I have to switch back to desktop site as key things are missing like "view your posts" and "forum index" etc, i'll have to check the new version out later icon_thumleft
They are all there but not looking exactly the same as on the desktop as the buttons are the words. On the mobile there is no room for words so symbols are used.

This is the view of the forum from my iphone. Navigation buttons are circled in red
2013-02-05-18-20-04 Mobile forum buttons.jpg
The settings cog has a dropdown
2013-02-05-18-21-06 Mobile forum buttons 2.jpg
Searches spyglass has this dropdown. including View your posts, unread posts, etc
2013-02-05-18-21-42 Mobile forum buttons 3.jpg
and the hash # allows navigation through page numbers
2013-02-05-18-22-12 Mobile forum buttons 4.jpg
For reason, known only to phpbb, the 'Forum Lists' button is at the bottom of the page, so you have to scroll down to it icon_scratch
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by cordyman »

Great! seems everything is there thats needed, and since I do most of my browsing from my Galaxy S3, thats perfect icon_thumleft
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Dave Brown wrote:
Steady wrote:The first time i found HTUK was on my iphone and have been checking the site out on it since then,all still seems to be the same as before so cant really work out what has changed, i can see the images of the site on this thread but its not like that on my iphone,do i need to do anything to get the mobile version?
The forum layout has not changed as that is phpbb and not the website, but the website is much more navigable.
cordyman wrote:not checked out the forum on this yet, but normally I have to switch back to desktop site as key things are missing like "view your posts" and "forum index" etc, i'll have to check the new version out later icon_thumleft
They are all there but not looking exactly the same as on the desktop as the buttons are the words. On the mobile there is no room for words so symbols are used.

This is the view of the forum from my iphone. Navigation buttons are circled in red
2013-02-05-18-20-04 Mobile forum buttons.jpg
The settings cog has a dropdown
2013-02-05-18-21-06 Mobile forum buttons 2.jpg
Searches spyglass has this dropdown. including View your posts, unread posts, etc
2013-02-05-18-21-42 Mobile forum buttons 3.jpg
and the hash # allows navigation through page numbers
2013-02-05-18-22-12 Mobile forum buttons 4.jpg
For reason, known only to phpbb, the 'Forum Lists' button is at the bottom of the page, so you have to scroll down to it icon_scratch
Hi Dave, you probably know this already but if you press the top button and the middle button together on the iPhone it takes a print screen and puts it in your pictures.
kata

Post by kata »

:( I have no Iphone,

Would it work on an Android I am hoping to buy?

:mrgreen:

Anyway thanks Dave and Aidan..top bosses..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: