forum's gone dodgey

Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Re: forum's gone dodgey

Post by Aidan Brown »

It wasn't actually my editing of the file that caused the issue but the failed application of hotlink protection from cPanel, looks like it half did it and didn't add in the allowed lists :roll:

Kata, they are quite easy to modify and understand, but yes if you get it wrong and haven't got ftp access to modify them you can easily lock yourself out. :D
kata

Post by kata »

Its ok Dave, what I mean is I can live with it for a while,

Its really strange, I tried to upload a plant I need an I.D on but after a while I gave up.

I wanted to try to load it from my host but after grabbing my code from host my Image I previously tried to load had loaded. :roll:

Its getting there Dave, the Images load but take some time, the header is back, the smilies are back. I will just do something like house stuff while the Images are loading.. :lol:
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

I'm still not 100% sure the changes I'm looking at will make the images load any quicker. But I've got to start somewhere....
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks Aido!!

I don't do much these days except post here and update my blog. I never touch any files except my Wordpress files. Being locked out was something I never forgot...that file terrifies me.

Having got it wrong I had'nt a clue even with FTP access how to rectify the damn file. I got host to do it for me. This was in the early years of my Internet.
hotlink protection from cPanel
Oh yes, I know about that one too.

Another one; How does password protect work, does every member get the password.. :lol: do they ek biut it was always a strange option to me.

I tell you Aid I touch nothing that way if it all goes belly up its the host to blame, thats what I pay the host for.

Its sunday, have a nice weekend and thanks for what you and pops does for us. icon_sunny
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Missing images all fixed for me now, many thanks Aido & Dave :)
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

TEST
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Kristen wrote:Missing images all fixed for me now, many thanks Aido & Dave :)
Wasn't me fixing it Kristen, all the thanks need to go to Aido icon_thumright
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Kristen »

Got an error message posting my reply. Wasn't quick enough to catch it ... but I got another posting my TEST message. Attached in case helpful. let me know if you need me to retry anything.

(Sorry, this was this morning, I left the image uploading, dunno how long it took, it may have been quick)
HTUKError.gif
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Dave Brown wrote:Wasn't me fixing it Kristen, all the thanks need to go to Aido icon_thumright
Indeed, but you were beavering away, holding-the-fort, as usual icon_thumleft
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Post by Aidan Brown »

Kristen wrote:Got an error message posting my reply. Wasn't quick enough to catch it ... but I got another posting my TEST message. Attached in case helpful. let me know if you need me to retry anything.

(Sorry, this was this morning, I left the image uploading, dunno how long it took, it may have been quick)
HTUKError.gif

This should be fixed now as well.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

A new error popped up - after visiting a thread, it no longer turns from orange ('unread') to green ('read'), unless one hits 'reload'.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

aidothedado wrote:This should be fixed now as well.
TEST
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Still there it seems? I've not logged out or anything in the meantime though (if having the same session ID or somesuch might still be effecting anything)
HTUKError2.gif
(Seems to POST OK though ... and the page (with the error on it) auto-redirects just like normal posts)
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

You didn't say what your test was Kristen, so I don't know if what you were trying worked.

Mine is a test of uploading a picture. Sunset tonight. It took 2 mins 4 secs to upload a 26.6kb file :roll:
Attachments
2013-05-26-20-21-02 Sunset.jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Kristen »

Dave Brown wrote:You didn't say what your test was Kristen, so I don't know if what you were trying worked.
Sorry, should have said. "TEST" was just the text of a reply.