My photos are too wide to upload?

Andy P

Re: My photos are too wide to upload?

Post by Andy P »

Looks crystal clear and shows up full screen when i click on it Kris. icon_thumleft

I`ve found Paint to be the easiest way to Re-size. You can also use the Stretch/Skew function on there to resize to a percentage.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

photoshop, automate, batch, scripts

or something close.
kata

Post by kata »

I use paint too,

That stretch and skew never works for me. I just tried 100 x100 and it said enter a valid number... icon_scratch

Anyway Kris, your photo looks great as thumbnail and bigger Image. I always find it so easy using browse function to upload.

icon_sunny
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

I take pics in max resolution for qaulity. Then let photobucket resize to 800 x 600 for this forum. You can choose this in photobucket and it will apply it to all uploads. No faffing around in paint required
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:
Andy P wrote:Is that using the paint programme Kris?

Yes, I just set the horizontal pixels to 1000 and it created a small file that was in the 0-4000 range.
If the original was a jpg file it has header info giving height and width details, these are not part of the image but enable applications to handle it. If the editor used, or the camera does not create this header info, phpBB will not be able to determine the size so it will fail, and give an error.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

In the 90s .png Images were the new kid on the block, less loss of data compression they said,

But smaller Images like for example .GIF can achieve greater compression than PNG.

Never se .JPEG these days.

:mrgreen: