sending photo from mini ipad to forum

RozDevon

sending photo from mini ipad to forum

Post by RozDevon »

Hi, could someone please advise how to send photos from mini ipad to the correct page of the forum.
How do you get the photo onto the right thread?
flounder

Re: sending photo from mini ipad to forum

Post by flounder »

Bottom of the post reply page, choose file, add file
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

Thanks.
Tried but file too big, max size allowed is 1 MiB
What does this mean please.
flounder

Post by flounder »

RozDevon wrote:Thanks.
Tried but file too big, max size allowed is 1 MiB
What does this mean please.
It means you need to shrink the picture down in size. You can download an app from itunes called simple resize, it should be free and will do the work for you....I think
Springy

Post by Springy »

I usually go to my pictures and just "Edit" the picture I want to use, then use the "crop" option to make the picture slightly smaller and then "save" it.
Then try to upload it to the site as mentioned before.
If you crop it enough it will be accepted.
flounder

Post by flounder »

Problem with cropping is you're not shrinking the photo in size, just reducing the viewed area so you could lose some of the interesting bits
Springy

Post by Springy »

flounder wrote:Problem with cropping is you're not shrinking the photo in size, just reducing the viewed area so you could lose some of the interesting bits
This is true but I now if want to take a picture of a plant or the garden for this site, I don't fill the screen with what I want to show but take a slightly wider shot and then crop it down.
There is probably an easier way but this works for me at the moment. :D
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

Thanks for all the advice, we (The Two Old Duffers!) will be trying again later!
I'm 70 next week so the old grey cells take a while to kick in!! Determined to crack this!
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

If you email the pictures to yourself the ipad gives you the option before you send on what size they should be sent. icon_thumleft