Quote Box

phatplants

Quote Box

Post by phatplants » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:45 pm

When replying in a thread, how can I use another persons quote in my post. The quote is usually shown in a box with the poster's name at the top. Hope this makes some sense!!!!

daz h

Re: Quote Box

Post by daz h » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:51 pm

phatplants wrote:When replying in a thread, how can I use another persons quote in my post. The quote is usually shown in a box with the poster's name at the top. Hope this makes some sense!!!!
you click the quote box in the top right of their original post

phatplants

Post by phatplants » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:57 pm

daz h wrote:
phatplants wrote:When replying in a thread, how can I use another persons quote in my post. The quote is usually shown in a box with the poster's name at the top. Hope this makes some sense!!!!
you click the quote box in the top right of their original post
Wow! That simple! Thanks Daz.

flounder

Post by flounder » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:55 am

phatplants wrote:That simple!
If you just require a segment of a quote, go to post reply highlight what you want from the post(shown at the bottom) then press the quote button icon_thumleft
phatplants wrote:The quote is usually shown in a box with the poster's name at the top
Of course, if you highlight a bit that you have quoted from some one else, it will appear as if you have been quoted!
my name is flounder, but you can call me.............flounder! (or Gary, just don't call me late for dinner)

phatplants

Post by phatplants » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 am

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated.

Kristen

Post by Kristen » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:10 pm

flounder wrote: If you just require a segment of a quote, go to post reply highlight what you want from the post(shown at the bottom) then press the quote button
Never knew that; handy, thanks.

Another forum I read (which uses Xenoforum, which is a relatively recent piece of software) allows you to just highlight a piece in the original thread and then a "Quote this" button pops up alongside. You can do that repeatedly as you read the thread and then they are all separately quoted in your reply :) But this is very nearly as good, thanks.
K's Garden blog last update 30th December 2012, HTUK Blog