Quote Box

phatplants

Quote Box

Post by phatplants »

When replying in a thread, how can I use another persons quote in my post. The quote is usually shown in a box with the poster's name at the top. Hope this makes some sense!!!!
daz h

Re: Quote Box

Post by daz h »

phatplants wrote:When replying in a thread, how can I use another persons quote in my post. The quote is usually shown in a box with the poster's name at the top. Hope this makes some sense!!!!
you click the quote box in the top right of their original post
phatplants

Post by phatplants »

daz h wrote:
phatplants wrote:When replying in a thread, how can I use another persons quote in my post. The quote is usually shown in a box with the poster's name at the top. Hope this makes some sense!!!!
you click the quote box in the top right of their original post
Wow! That simple! Thanks Daz.
flounder

Post by flounder »

phatplants wrote:That simple!
If you just require a segment of a quote, go to post reply highlight what you want from the post(shown at the bottom) then press the quote button icon_thumleft
phatplants wrote:The quote is usually shown in a box with the poster's name at the top
Of course, if you highlight a bit that you have quoted from some one else, it will appear as if you have been quoted!
phatplants

Post by phatplants »

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

flounder wrote: If you just require a segment of a quote, go to post reply highlight what you want from the post(shown at the bottom) then press the quote button
Never knew that; handy, thanks.

Another forum I read (which uses Xenoforum, which is a relatively recent piece of software) allows you to just highlight a piece in the original thread and then a "Quote this" button pops up alongside. You can do that repeatedly as you read the thread and then they are all separately quoted in your reply :) But this is very nearly as good, thanks.