picture size

Clive60

picture size

Post by Clive60 »

I never used to have to resize pics for posting until recently so how do I do it. I don't have any editing software and can't do it 'on camera'.
Blairs

Re: picture size

Post by Blairs »

Do you have Microsoft Office Picture editor? If so open the pic with that then Toold-> Compress pictures then choose website.

If you do not have MX Pic Editor then load your pics onto a free web hosting site and link to them.
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Try this app:

http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

When you install it you can then right-click on the photos in explorer and choose the size you want.
kata

Post by kata »

Also,

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client= ... 8&oe=UTF-8

I think Flounder had a good link too.

:mrgreen:
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

Apologies for not acknowledging your replies but I have still not successfully resize a pic, yet I have tried tools in M Office (2003) but even resizing down to 800x600 doesn't work. I'll keep trying.
kata

Post by kata »

I use paint, it comes with windows,

If your on Windows --> go to an Image on your drive--> open with --> choose Paint. Once in the paint programe --> resize. Don't forget to save as.

my 1000x750 is ok for this forum.

icon_cheers
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

You probably aren't looking for A.N.Other Image tool, but just in case you / someone else is then I can recommend

http://www.irfanview.com/

I find it handy for Crop, reduce to max 800 wide or 600 high, and Save with reduction to 70%

It also has quite a lot of other gadgets for messing with photos and some rudimentary drawing tools
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

I have resized in Paint, as you suggested Kata but it has cropped the pic so much it now appears unsharp and not as it was.
I never used to have to resize a pic here and if I have to do it every time I'll not bother anymore.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

I email pictures from my iPhone and that allows image reduction.
kata

Post by kata »

I have resized in Paint, as you suggested Kata b
Tell me steps you took Blairs.

Once in paint I go to resize, I remove my camera size and add instead 1000, it does the height automatic. 1000x750 is usual for me prior to saving.

Did you use crop by clicking the rectangle, if so you are in charge what gets taken out.

Here is one I did while in this post box.

4608 x 3456 that is the Image I am going to crop in paint. I cannot add such a size here Blairs.

I am clicking on the small icon in resize because I want pixel, I click ok because I don't want to crop it and I save it to desktop.

Two Images for you, one is what I shot with my Printkey software to show you what I did.
blairs1.gif
blairs1.gif (9.88 KiB) Viewed 6545 times
And the pic I resized.
blairs2.jpg
icon_sunny
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

1000x750 was still too big so I went down to 800x600 and it worked but it's a pain resizing every pic!
kata

Post by kata »

1000x750 the forum software will accept Clive,

Probably some other problem like MB, KB.

:mrgreen:
pdid

Post by pdid »

If you use Windows live photo gallery you can batch resize or you can host externally (flickr, photobucket etc) and link.

Windows photo gallery 1024x768:
P1010316 (1024x768).jpg
Flickr medium 800 x 600

Windows Photo gallery 800 x 600
P1010316 (800x600).jpg
If you upload directly to the site the image will have to be clicked to view at full size.
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

Thanks for all the help. icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

Your welcome Clive,

Any reason you prefer off site to host the Images? I always use the forum browse then click where I want it placed.

icon_cheers