Greetings from Bill in Southampton

billdango

Re: Greetings from Bill in Southampton

Post by billdango »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:Hi Bill

Welcome icon_thumleft

will you be putting some pics up, sounds very interesting what you have there

rgds
hello arlon, its great to hear from you. i will be posting some pictures as soon as i learn how to do it . as at the moment i am still learning on the computer . i must be very careful not to strain my brains to much ?.
all the best billdango.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Welcome, Bill.

You must have a hot spot in your garden to get Rhapidophyllum and Syagrus to those heights. Look forward to seeing some pics :D
Tropical Bob

Post by Tropical Bob »

Hi and welcome Bill :D
billdango

Post by billdango »

HI GREVILLE, THANKS FOR YOUR WELCOME I WILL SEND SOME PICTURES AS SOON AS I GET MY PRINTER SORTED OUT .
RGDS BILLDANGO.

The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

it must feel as though you are in Malaga with the palms at that size.......hurry up and sort out some pics.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

billdango wrote:HI GREVILLE, THANKS FOR YOUR WELCOME I WILL SEND SOME PICTURES AS SOON AS I GET MY PRINTER SORTED OUT .
RGDS BILLDANGO.
I think he only wants to see them on the screen, not for you to send him pictures :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Tropical Bob »

:lol: :lol: :lol: that could cost a lot in ink :lol:
billdango

Post by billdango »

to any forum members in southampton. are there any phoenix canarensis palms left alive in the city and suburbs ???. at last count in 2009 there were seventy at least of sizes ranging from a few feet to eighteen feet .as far as i can see they are all dead or dying.most of these keeled over [mine included ] last january ,and the rest this december. of coarse there may be plenty around in back gardens that i haven,t seen yet .also how did the southsea Phoenix canariensis_CIDP,s fare .are they still alive?. hope someone out there can help me with this information . thanks . billdango. icon_scratch icon_scratch icon_scratch
billdango

Post by billdango »

As requested by certain members asking for photographs of my garden, ive finally managed to get a couple of scans together. I will be uploading better pictures later when i get my digital camera sorted!

This is my first image upload so hopefully it all works..

Regards, Billdango icon_study icon_study icon_thumleft
Attachments
bills_1.jpg
bills_2.jpg
Tropical Bob

Post by Tropical Bob »

OMG is that really in southampton!?!? look like its abroad, maybe even carribean! icon_cheers
Nick

Post by Nick »

TB the whole of Southampton is like that, very caribbean style
:lol: :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
Tropical Bob

Post by Tropical Bob »

If i buy another house in this country (house prices would have to go back up for a start, so prob not for 10 years! :lol: ) im going south coast for sure! icon_thumleft
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

i thought it looked like spain!

nice.
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

TBH Bill, you need to start again. Being a builder myself your house could fall down at anytime due to the roots. Because of my serious concern i'm prepared to come down to yours and 2gther we can rip the larger one's out with as much root as poss , get em out asap, put em in me flat bed and furthermore, i'll take them to the dump on me way back home.
Bill there's no time to thank me, just pm me with a day and time and we'll sort it. Plz don't delay............

rgds

icon_thumright
grub

Post by grub »

:lol: I'll help you get 'em off at the dump Arlon.