Nathan

Re: Hello again from Australia

Post by Nathan »

You did yes & I have learnt that I never want to live in Oxford :lol:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Sean, did I recall you had 8C in the topics up at Townsville :?: Are you guys having a freakish winter as well. I thought the lowest at near sea level was 18C in the tropics.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Troppoz »

Sean are you paying attention? Nathan had a low of -2.5C. Me, I was pushing -18C here followed by a daytime high of -8.5C :shock: . What have you learnt? Nathan's a lucky bar steward :lol:.
-18C!!! :shock: Better put that garden in gear and drive south man! I think youve had the heater on low or something...wind the windows up and drive drive DRIVE!! :lol:

Nathan a shame about the bangalows but a low of -2.3c sounds manageable especially if it was an extreme. Im not surprised the helis didnt make it, in fact Im surprised that you got them going at all. Surprised? No, ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN AMAZED!! Hope you post some pics soon.

David had a cold spell a couple of weeks ago and we had a run of about 10c at night and 22c daytime, then it warmed up again and now we are back to cool temps. Last night was another tenner, slept with 2 doonahs tracksuit and thick socks. This morning its nice and sunny but I still cant feel my toes...

Dont know about the 18c thing, when I lived here in 2005 it got down to 2c overnight, some inland suburbs had frost and on another occasion we had 13c as a maximum. Some towns a bit further down the coast only recorded highs of 10c that day. Yet only an hour further north (towards Cairns) they have never recorded below 8c at night or 16c during the day. They are more wet and humid than here though and that obviously makes a difference. In the coastal ranges though its different, they grow tulips, daffodils and rhododendrons up there!
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Troppoz wrote:
Sean are you paying attention? Nathan had a low of -2.5C. Me, I was pushing -18C here followed by a daytime high of -8.5C :shock: . What have you learnt? Nathan's a lucky bar steward :lol:.
-18C!!! :shock: Better put that garden in gear and drive south man! I think youve had the heater on low or something...wind the windows up and drive drive DRIVE!! :lol:

David had a cold spell a couple of weeks ago and we had a run of about 10c at night and 22c daytime, then it warmed up again and now we are back to cool temps. Last night was another tenner, slept with 2 doonahs tracksuit and thick socks. This morning its nice and sunny but I still cant feel my toes...

Dont know about the 18c thing, when I lived here in 2005 it got down to 2c overnight, some inland suburbs had frost and on another occasion we had 13c as a maximum. Some towns a bit further down the coast only recorded highs of 10c that day. Yet only an hour further north (towards Cairns) they have never recorded below 8c at night or 16c during the day. They are more wet and humid than here though and that obviously makes a difference. In the coastal ranges though its different, they grow tulips, daffodils and rhododendrons up there!
Sean, if you got a low of 2C at 19 degrees south, that sounds as bad as us getting -20C at 50 something degrees north. Are you up in mountains :?: 'cos if you are saying down near sea level you can get 2C, I need to rethink my view of the tropics :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by bev »

welcome back sean icon_thumleft

cheers

lee
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Cheers Lee, its been a nice welcome!

Dave yes at sealevel here, Im probably about 5 klms from the coast. Dont believe all what you read about the tropics, its can get cool here but not for extended periods thankfully!

And yes 2c does feel like -20c! I found it hard to cope with 14c overnight on cold nights in Darwin...