My Garden photos

Simba

Re: My Garden photos

Post by Simba »

You should have kept the fake ones a secret Rachel, and let everyone marvel at how perfect they look.... :wink:
Rachelpalm

Post by Rachelpalm »

Hello Simba
your garden is perfection , it is wonderful. It must take hours each week to maintain it.

Cheers
Simba

Post by Simba »

Thats very generous of you to say so Rachel.

Although it is only a very small garden, I do still have big plans.... :lol:
Rachelpalm

Post by Rachelpalm »

My garden is quite small too. The back garden looks large in my photos as I do not have much in it, large things. I used to have 20 trees in my back garden, but removed about 10 of them over the years as the garden felt tiny and so hemmed in. The left side border had 4 large conifers and took 3 of them out and the right border had a huge holly tree and hebe hedge, which I cut right down. The back of the garden border had a huge cherry tree nearly touching the phone wires, so took that down too. I do sometimes miss the cherry tree but it only looked nice for 2 weeks a year when in blossom. I have ordered 2 banana plants and now fancy a bamboo or two after seeing Cordy's pics. My brother has a bamboo in his garden and it looks beautiful when the sunlight shimmers through it.

You have some amazing sized plants Simba. Looking forward to mine growing up, lol
Simba

Post by Simba »

Rachelpalm wrote:I used to have 20 trees in my back garden....
Blimey, that sounds enormous Rachel....I would have liked some trees but don't even have enough space for an ornamental one... :roll:

I do have a lot crammed in here though, and I am also very keen on bamboo... icon_thumleft
Rachelpalm

Post by Rachelpalm »

Here are some pics of my garden before I redone it all

here is my back garden a few years ago filled with trees

and the right border totally full, lol

my front garden before I redone it all

Simba

Post by Simba »

I think you have a great space available there Rachel, I reckon you have possibly three or four times more than I do, if not more...!!

Nigel Fear has been round mine a few times, he'll tell you, you can skate round in about 30 seconds flat... :D

But I am grateful for what I do have.. icon_thumleft
Rachelpalm

Post by Rachelpalm »

As they say good things come in small packages. Your garden look is what I am aiming for. icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
Rachelpalm

Post by Rachelpalm »

My 2 new banana plants arrived today.

Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Is www.hardybamboo.com close to you Rachel?

I bought some shrubs and bamboos from them earlier in the year and I was very pleased with the quality of the plants they sent me. They also had a LOT of bamboo listed on their website.
Rachelpalm

Post by Rachelpalm »

Adam D wrote:Is http://www.hardybamboo.com close to you Rachel?

I bought some shrubs and bamboos from them earlier in the year and I was very pleased with the quality of the plants they sent me. They also had a LOT of bamboo listed on their website.
Hello Adam
yes it is pretty near me, thanks very much. Will go and have a look for sure,

Cheers
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

My wife and I used to live down in Norwich from 1994 to 2000. I had my first job after university with Norwich Union.

I managed to find a few decent nurseries down there (I even used to go to "Roots and Shoots" which is now called Amulree), but never discovered www.hardybamboo.com. Looking at their website I can imagine their nursery and gardens would be interesting and inspiring to visit :)
JungleNuts

Post by JungleNuts »

You also have Urban Jungle ( http://www.urbanjungle.uk.com ) very close .... well worth a visit

Welcome aboard ! Lovely garden btw :DD (must admit was looking in envy at that red / white plant .... doh !) :wink:
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

I think it is quality and it will just get better & better every year......
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !