roxytheroti

Post by roxytheroti »

hi my name is Carl
im glad some one told me about hardy tropicals, im a new member, having lost so many plants last winter im looking to rebuild my garden again and hopefully with members help i wont loose my plants this time, looking forward to asking many many questions to aid me in my quest for a urban jungle, my first subject will be tree ferns, i think mine are dead but im not taking them out just yet until ive had good advise, well im looking forward to conversations so hello again :D
kata

Re: new member

Post by kata »

Welcome Carl,

Do you mean the Dicksonia antarctica Ferns? I also want one next season...awesome!!!

Lets look at your garden, from scratch is good to take Images.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Welcome aboard Carl.

Sorry to hear you suffered losses last year but you're definitely in the right place to ask questions.

Enjoy the forums.

;)
grub

Post by grub »

Welcome to the madhouse Carl icon_thumleft .
B19bst

Post by B19bst »

Welcome over and enjoy yourself here.
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Welcome.........some pics would be nice.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
dino

Post by dino »

roxytheroti wrote:hi my name is Carl
im glad some one told me about hardy tropicals, im a new member, having lost so many plants last winter im looking to rebuild my garden again and hopefully with members help i wont loose my plants this time, looking forward to asking many many questions to aid me in my quest for a urban jungle, my first subject will be tree ferns, i think mine are dead but im not taking them out just yet until ive had good advise, well im looking forward to conversations so hello again :D
Hi Carl, I think it was me if you're the one I met in Woolmans.
Welcome to a great site where you'll learn loads.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

hi Carl,you will get lots of useful tips and advice here. just ask away icon_thumright
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Hi and welcome Carl, you have certainly come to the right place. Many members suffered bad losses last winter, no one wants a repeat of that, so there will be planty of useful information on here for winter protection. :D
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Carl, and welcome to the forum icon_salut

I think most of us suffered some losses last winter, and the ones I lost were huge :(

You must be just around the corner from Akamba :?: If so, a very fortunate, or unfortunate, place to be depending on the depth of your wallet :lol:

Tree fern protection is one of the discussions at the moment, as the investment costs are large and no-one wants them as an annual :ahhh!:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

LMAOOOOOOOOO an annual... :lol: :lol: :lol:
flounder

Post by flounder »

I think Dave means annual investment :( :( Hi Carl!
kata

Post by kata »

Did he flounder.. :lol: :lol:

Whoopsie daisy.