Hello Everyone!

Springy

Hello Everyone!

Post by Springy »

Hi, My name is Steve and I have been browsing this site for a while now and thought I'd better introduce myself! I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank the regulars on here for all their helpful advice and comments! icon_thumleft

I am adding a few up to date piccies of my garden as I know that we all like to have a nose at each others pride and joy! :D

This has taken me 2 years to get to this stage and I have taken pictures of the progress as I've gone along. I have included a picture of how the garden looked the day that we picked up the keys!

I Hope you like them?!! :D
Attachments
Garden august 2011 021.jpg
Garden august 2011 021.jpg (54.61 KiB) Viewed 1233 times
Garden august 2011 043.jpg
Garden august 2011 043.jpg (54.98 KiB) Viewed 1233 times
Garden august 2011 044.jpg
Garden august 2011 044.jpg (42.89 KiB) Viewed 1233 times
Garden august 2011 049.jpg
Garden august 2011 049.jpg (51.01 KiB) Viewed 1233 times
Garden august 2011 055.jpg
Garden august 2011 055.jpg (57.4 KiB) Viewed 1233 times
This is the garden on the morning we got the keys!
This is the garden on the morning we got the keys!
House so far! 023.jpg (40.98 KiB) Viewed 1233 times
delboy12

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by delboy12 »

Welcome steve looks great your garden,there are some great tips on here icon_cheers
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Welcome to HTUK Steve. I love your garden and well done on the transformation, you must be real proud of yourself with a good achievement like that. One question for you please. I like a plant you have shown but it doesn't not look all that familiar to me, the leafs remind my of a oleander? its one your first pic at the bottom at the front of the pic and also in the front of one of your raised beds with rocks under it shown in the 5th picture.
grub

Post by grub »

Welcome to the madhouse Steve icon_thumright , Abingdon eh! Just up the road :DD .
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Welcome aboard Steve.

Your garden looks superb, great plant choices and a massive improvement on what you originally had.

;)
Springy

Post by Springy »

Hi and thankyou for the comments! I think the plant you are asking about is Euphorbia pasteurii. I have it in full sun and the leaves are small but when grown in light shade they look like little banana leaves! It has flowers that smell of honey!
Springy

Post by Springy »

Yes Grub, just up the road! :lol:

I have entered into a local garden competition after a lot of persuation from my partner and the family so we'll see what happens! :D
Springy

Post by Springy »

This one of the first places I come to for plant references as you can bet that if its tropical or unusual, it has usually been mentioned on a topic somewhere on here!

Good friendly advice! :D
grub

Post by grub »

Springy wrote:Yes Grub, just up the road! :lol:

I have entered into a local garden competition after a lot of persuation from my partner and the family so we'll see what happens! :D
Best of luck Steve, I keep saying I'll enter Oxford in bloom but never know when it's on :lol: , Don't forget to tell us how you got on icon_thumright .
Springy

Post by Springy »

Ok Grub I will! My Fingers are crossed though!

You should find out when Oxford in bloom is. There is nothing like the headless chicken feeling you get just before the judges arrive!

Here is a few more pics now that I'm getting the hang of resizing them! :lol:
Attachments
Garden august 2011 029.jpg
Garden august 2011 029.jpg (50.58 KiB) Viewed 1207 times
Garden august 2011 052.jpg
Garden august 2011 052.jpg (55.23 KiB) Viewed 1207 times
Garden august 2011 062.jpg
Garden august 2011 062.jpg (36.31 KiB) Viewed 1207 times
Garden august 2011 067.jpg
Garden august 2011 067.jpg (46.06 KiB) Viewed 1207 times
kata

Post by kata »

Welcome to the forum Steve,

Lovely garden!
icon_cheers
grub

Post by grub »

Really nice start Steve icon_thumright
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Welcome Springy. What a great garden you have got, it was a disaster zone when you moved in by the looks of it :shock: However it is superb now and full of colour and texture icon_thumleft
Springy

Post by Springy »

Thankyou Trudytropics! The garden was the tidy bit! The house looked like a bomb had hit it when we moved here! We filled at least 3 skips of rubbish that the previous owners left behind! I have got so many ideas for the future here but my bank balance won't agree! :lol:
Most of the plants are annuals that I sowed in spring but I hope to eventually get a good backbone of hardy evergreen exotics and then fill in with annuals, dahlias etc!
I see this as a garden that will grow in time rather than an instant effect. The annuals provide the height at the moment until the palms kick in!
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Welcome Springy!! icon_salut

Excellent garden. So many beautiful plants with contrasting colours and textures. I really like all of it.

Regards

Kris