another newbie

Succulentum

Re: another newbie

Post by Succulentum »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:Some very nice plants. I like the yuccas from seed. How old are they?
thanks all for your welcomes. :D

I sown these Yucca aloifolia in 2003, they were in pots until maybe 2006 and then in the ground.

jean-bernard
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Succulentum wrote:
Yorkshire Kris wrote:Some very nice plants. I like the yuccas from seed. How old are they?
thanks all for your welcomes. :D

I sown these Yucca aloifolia in 2003, they were in pots until maybe 2006 and then in the ground.

jean-bernard
icon_thumleft
Succulentum

Post by Succulentum »

Allocasia : yes it will be always in pot, I put it in the greenhouse in winter, for the basjoo I dug around them big holes and I have put each of them in a black bin with holes in the bottom, all in a trailer (few km). they stay like that for about 6 monthS and have put them in the ground past easter

JB

GREVILLE wrote:'B-J, J-B' icon_salut (Bien-Joue, Jean-Bernard icon_thumright)

You play the game very well. It looks like you had a nice garden before. A brilliant idea to bring your garden with you. Perhaps you could share with us a little history of some of your plants and how you moved them.
Was your Alocasia always in a pot and will you lift it, pot and all, to shelter when the cold weather arrives?
How did you bring your Musa (Basjoo?)?
Does your new garden have a better climate for your plants than your old one?

Pardon! Beaucoup des questions :D You don't have to answer them all at once icon_fish
Paul Saunders

Post by Paul Saunders »

Welcome. You have some fantastic looking plants. What is your winter weather like? I hope this winter is kind to your plants!
call

Post by call »

bonjour jean :D