Greetings from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire

grub

Re: Greetings from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire

Post by grub »

Welcome to the nuthouse Kyle icon_cheers , you'll soon work out who's talking sense I'm sure :lol: . There's lot's of good info available here for sure but you definitely need to ignore the USDA zones as they have absolutely no bearing on what we can grow here icon_thumright .
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Welcome and Wow.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Hello and welcome Kyle, your design ideas are simply stunning, they look a bit like how I'd imagine a hill top villa in Sri Lanka to look, I do hope you manage to develop your dream. When its all done I'll be coming for a holiday :lol:
delboy12

Post by delboy12 »

Hi Kyle welcome,i only live in Mirfield and have some large palms any time you want to call ,youre more than welcome to have a look ,great ideas you have there!! ps what you think to clark been sacked ? regards Derek
call

Post by call »

its nice to find someone who grows ariseamas as well
but i only have 3 and another coming in the spring
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:
Kyle wrote:Sounds like your growing lot and lots and many of the things I'm trying.

I'm based a few miles south of the city centre near M1 Junction 39 for now.
[/quote]

That would make 'Hampson's Plant World' your local garden centre of choice then?
pat d

Post by pat d »

welcome,best of luck- make your dream become reality.
Pat
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Kyle wrote:
Yorkshire Kris wrote:
Kyle wrote:Sounds like your growing lot and lots and many of the things I'm trying.

I'm based a few miles south of the city centre near M1 Junction 39 for now.
That would make 'Hampson's Plant World' your local garden centre of choice then?[/quote]

Ha ha I walk there several times a week in summer! They sell everything now and I mean everything!
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:
Ha ha I walk there several times a week in summer! They sell everything now and I mean everything!
I know, I stop by myself now and then to buy a few rare varieties of. . . . :D cheese!
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Kyle wrote:
Yorkshire Kris wrote:
I know, I stop by myself now and then to buy a few rare varieties of. . . . :D cheese!
:lol: They now have a hot dog counter, walk in cool room for veg, flowers, pets, house hold stuff and a few plants!
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Been said before and I'll say it, too - Welcome and wow, Kyle icon_cheers . Seen your other thread. You don't believe in small beginnings, do you :lol: