Hi everybody !

Breizhman

Hi everybody !

Post by Breizhman »

My name is Julian and i come from France on the North-west coast , Britanny, Morbihan :) .

I discovered this forum thanks to another that is quite similar to your's that is
"fous de palmiers", i could see very beautiful gardens thanks to the pictures you members had published here , that seemed very exotic, that seems to be a good thing because you can make grow almost everything ! (exepted cocos nucifera :DD )

I'm almost addicted to Phoenix Canariensis, because we can aclimatate it next to the coast when we have the luck to live there , i will let fotos soon .

futherthemore , i think i can get better level in the learning of the language by talking with you about our commun hobby , what about the way you make phoenix grow from the seed to the monster :DD !

Well i let you a Map that represents the minimal temperatures, well i live in south britanny and it is 8b zone , but it seems to be towards the 9 like North French Britanny or United Kingom that do not have temperatures in winter that decrease more than ("-1°)":

http://www.1er-jardin.com/Cartes-des-zones-de-rusticite

I'm glad to be in your community and how do you qualify an adicted person to palms? :lol:
kata

Re: Hi everybody !

Post by kata »

Welcome Julian!

To be an addict to palms is easy. Keep using that credit card... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can we see your garden, and projects please?
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Welcome to HTUK Julian, enjoy the foruim!

;)
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Hello Julian and welcome to the forum :D , unfortunately once you are addicted to palms there is no known cure available :lol:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Julian, and welcome icon_salut

Do you grow the Phoenix canariensis in the ground? If so how did the cold spell a few weeks ago affect them. I heard it got down to -10C even on the coast in many areas.
Perhaps load a pic of what you are growing. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by grub »

Welcome to the asylum Julian icon_cheers
acphm

Post by acphm »

Bienvenue Julian!!!
Breizhman

Post by Breizhman »

I first want to thank you all for your sweet welcoming on the forum !

In fact, my plans hav been the same since a long time ago , i would like to create an exotic garden where palms and cituses make one :DD

I like so much how beatiful the phoenix canariensis and butia are , so that i'd like to make my gadn become a jungle :D . However, as you can say , or becoming a palm adict keep using the credit card :D but we can no longer sacrify money to that foolish hobby when we are students :lol:

So, i wih i can put in the ground one day these two phoenix you can see next to the wall, i bought them in a gardening shop and i can tell you that the way they appear on the foto is like they are today, they did not suffer -10°C because i live on the coast, but it is locted on area 8b towards 9 like south UK , so we have the benefits of receiving the golf stream micro-climate ! Do you know some parts in UK were phoenix had suffered?

The other foto show my phoenix germination with a seed i put into earth 1 month ago ! Have tyou ever seen something like that?

I enjoy all citruses and i wish i can put in the round some Satsuma that are mandarinas , do you have it in your garden ? The way they smell during the spring when the flowrs are opened is fabulous, and i'd hope so for the fruits and their toast !

See you soon !
Attachments
my two phoenix in Morbihan !
my two phoenix in Morbihan !
P1070262 1.jpg (74.5 KiB) Viewed 1154 times
phoenix canariensis germination !
phoenix canariensis germination !
Breizhman

Post by Breizhman »

In fact i thing that temperatures decrease a lot n the UK north east side along north of france, , belgica and holand because the freezed wind from siberia was coming from the east, so i think that gardens from theses areas suffered a lot. However the coast of the atlantic sea got the gulf stream benefits and kept quite safe even though temperatures decrease to 6 or 7 !

Dave Brown wrote:Hi Julian, and welcome icon_salut

Do you grow the Phoenix canariensis in the ground? If so how did the cold spell a few weeks ago affect them. I heard it got down to -10C even on the coast in many areas.
Perhaps load a pic of what you are growing. :wink:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Welcome! icon_cheers
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.