Hi All

kata

Re: Hi All

Post by kata »

Andy,

Mine was in a pot on delivery, I undid the packge and allowed it to settle for some weeks. Before autumn set in I repotted it cus the original pot was cracked in transit.

Its fine...it settled in well to my local area (dull as dishwater most days) but its been a good winter. I believe some fleece or sacking thrown over yours at -14 would have protected. How do others go on in -14 -18? Has anyone pushed the boundry at -20 shout up.

Mine had really thick cardboard surrounding it which I did save ready for last winter but I never used it.

I am annoyed that I never got white (snow) leaves....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I borrowed a desktop off one of the blokes here, this is the look I was looking forward to.
desktop.gif
billdango

Post by billdango »

andyb wrote:Dango, yeh you gotta laugh, actually i think that i/we must be half mental :lol: to grow tropical/exotics in this country.

Kata, the minimum was -14 i seem to remember but i reckon the real problem was that it was in a pot cause i brought it with me from previous house and didnt protect it :roll:

cheers Andy
Thats the fun of growing exotics in the uk?

Like other members on this forum I've had my losses but thats how you learn things.

Every year you get better at it and take more care.

Theres no better way to get the mind right then losing an expensive plant,So next time you are more careful.

rgds billdango icon_thumleft
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Hi Andy, your right nothing serious about us! Enjoy. icon_thumright :lol: drunken_smilie1
andyb

Post by andyb »

Kata, seen a few pics like that and they always make me smile, its so at odds with what you expect ( sun and stuff :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Dango, yeah learn by you're mistakes, still not learnt that one yet icon_scratch icon_scratch :lol: :lol:

Jas, thanks, liking it so far probably because it's light hearted (and full of nutters :lol: )

Cheers Andy
Darlo Mark

Post by Darlo Mark »

welcome icon_salut
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Addictedtopalms26 wrote:Welcome Andy! :D Do you have any palms?
Doesn't every one? one on each hand. icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
kata

Post by kata »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

hi Andy,between bristol and bath? you will be one of the first to see all Nigels new stock.. bet you be skint by the end of may :lol: :lol: :lol:
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
andyb

Post by andyb »

redsquirrel wrote:hi Andy,between bristol and bath? you will be one of the first to see all Nigels new stock.. bet you be skint by the end of may :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep, planning to go asap, might have to leave the credit cards at home (for the 1st trip anyway :wink: )