Hi All

andyb

Hi All

Post by andyb »

Been lurking for a week or so and thought i should say Hello.
Can't remember how i stumbled on to here icon_scratch but glad i did as it is a mine of info posted by knowledgeable peeps who don't take themselves too serious :lol:

Anyway as for me, iv'e been interested in all aspects of gardening for nearly 30 yrs with a leaning to tropical/exotic/different for the past 6 or so yrs. Moved to current place about 5 yrs ago and inherited a very mature & overgrown garden. Spent most of the time doing the house & clearing brambles etc without doing anything major in the garden but did manage to install a greenhouse and establish a veg patch.
Can't promise to be very helpfull but will when i can
cheers for now
Andy
GoggleboxUK

Re: Hi All

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Welcome aboard Any.

icon_salut
Addictedtopalms26

Post by Addictedtopalms26 »

Welcome Andy! :D Do you have any palms?
grub

Post by grub »

Welcome to the nuthouse Andy icon_thumleft
Rod

Post by Rod »

Welcome to the board Andy
flounder

Post by flounder »

welcome. You're right, there are some extremely knowledgeable people here with good ideas and amazing gardens. Theres also some wicked senses of humours that are guaranteed to make you smile(or cry).........so enjoy icon_thumright
kata

Post by kata »

Welcome Andy,

Images please of before and after.

Enjoy the forum!

icon_cheers icon_cheers
andyb

Post by andyb »

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Addicted, lost my Trachycarpus during winter of 10/11 so none at present but am going to visit hardy palms when they open and get me a replacement, but i am sure i will come away with more than just the Trachycarpus :D

Kata, never even thought of taking pics so don't have any :roll: but you never know i might have something worth a pic or 2 in future

just remembered i killed a Phoenix canariensis_CIDP also, well the winter did!

Cheers Andy
Bob

Post by Bob »

Hello and welcome Andy :)
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Hello Andy and welcome, enjoy the forum :D
billdango

Post by billdango »

andyb wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome.

Addicted, lost my Trachycarpus during winter of 10/11 so none at present but am going to visit hardy palms when they open and get me a replacement, but i am sure i will come away with more than just the Trachycarpus :D

Kata, never even thought of taking pics so don't have any :roll: but you never know i might have something worth a pic or 2 in future

just remembered i killed a Phoenix canariensis (Phoenix canariensis_CIDP) also, well the winter did!

Cheers Andy
No big deal?

I killed my 5 foot Brahea Armata moving it at the wrong time of the year and I have 30 odd years of palm growing.
Any way welcome to the forum and get ready for a good laugh.

Rgds Billdango. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Welcome............

There you go DaveB....the reason people join is as well as the serious side we have we are up for a laugh.

icon_thumright
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
kata

Post by kata »

Look forward to your new pics Andy...sometime..... :lol: :lol:

Last winter was bad for the garden, not surprised you lost stuff. Its hard to lose a Trachi though, what temps did you get?

The ticket on my new last year Trachi was -18 though I would cover it with fleece at much less. I broke the bank to buy that Trachicarpus....£39.99 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
andyb

Post by andyb »

Dango, yeh you gotta laugh, actually i think that i/we must be half mental :lol: to grow tropical/exotics in this country.

Kata, the minimum was -14 i seem to remember but i reckon the real problem was that it was in a pot cause i brought it with me from previous house and didnt protect it :roll:

cheers Andy
musabasjoos

Post by musabasjoos »

Welcome Andy!