Re: Hello:

Post by kata »

Welcome Hugo!!

:mrgreen:
kata

Post by kata »

Goggle's is good but also..

Edit them to 600 KB in Photoshop or paint etc. Then (click a pic on your drive and look at the bottom of the folder where you keep your Image you'll see a thumbnail of your Image and also its size.)

Then you could use the 'browse' function which appears after the message posting box here.

I prefer to keep my images uploads here.

icon_cheers
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

Hugo Fillery wrote:There might be a slight problem here, my picture sizes are to big! :(
hi Hugo, i downloaded a thing called powertoys for windows. all i do is rightclick my thumbnails and resize is available in the drop down list.its dead easy from there
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
kata

Post by kata »

I keep meaning to use that RedS,

Thanks for posting about it.
:mrgreen:
Julia

Post by Julia »

Hello Hugo , welcome to the forum :)
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Hi and welcome to the forum Hugo, you will enjoy your time here, great info and many knowledgeable people as well as fun too :lol:

The photo thing is not something I have mastered too well yet either, I have 3 techies in my house and they still have problems :lol: We look forward to seeing your pictures in good time though.
Hugo Fillery

Post by Hugo Fillery »

I'vew finally managed to upload the pictures, sorry for the delay everyone. But thank you all for your support and help, I very much appreciate it on my first week here. I hope you guys can help me identify these? I know the Genus of most of them but not the species or varieties... :?

kata

Post by kata »

WoW........... :lol:

I hope someone knows and names them for you Hugo. You have some smashin Cactus there. Maybe RedS will know most of your plants.

I think maybe

Agave americana 4

Crassula 28

Canna 8

christmas cacti 27
Hugo Fillery

Post by Hugo Fillery »

Hello Kate,

Thank you, I have to say, some of them are spectacular. I have a lot more planrts than these! :P That Agave, that you think is 'Americana' came from an old deserted prison island in Montenegro around Croatia this year.

Some of the other plants in the pictures are from South Africa and various other areas.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

no good asking me about cactus,i dont like the things now,got had a few times too often :lol: :lol:
start at no2 though,looks like a yucca hybrid,possibly of elephantipes background due to the fact it has lost its growing point in the past.
you rarely see gloriosa and recurvifolia suffer like this,besides,the leaves dont look wide enough to me
Hugo Fillery

Post by Hugo Fillery »

:happy:

Well, I have to say I agree, some of them I want to get rid of and weeding or re-potting them is a nightmare! :lol: But that Yucca, I saved from the flowerbed as their were quite a lot clumped together. And it was basically a division.
Hugo Fillery

Post by Hugo Fillery »

This is all I know for the above pictures:

1. Echinopsis .....
2. Yucca .....
3. Agave (Was told it's called a tequila Agave?)...
5. Canna .....
6. & 7. Haworthia .....
8. CVS .....
12. Lithops .....
14. Schlumbergera .....
16. Euphorbia .....
17. Kruger Plant .....
20. Aloe .....
21. Opuntia .....
22. Opuntia .....
23. Opuntia .....
24. Kalanchoe .....
26. Sempervivum .....
32. Kruger Plant In Flower .....
33. Agave .....
34. Epicactus .....
35. Aloe .....
37. Tradescantia .....
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

it does sort of resemble a floribunda cross,they sucker quite freely.there are loads of hybrids out there,next best thing would be to ask on gote. growing on the edge. there are a couple of guys on there who know shed loads about yuccas,and very helpful with it icon_thumright
the agave in picture 4 does look more like americana than tequilana but as its been collected from habitat,i guess that opens the doors to some more too
dino

Post by dino »

Hugo they make tequila from Agaves but I don't think there's one called that. I think it's an Americana.
kata

Post by kata »

Unless there is another type I have not seen Hugo,

That is the Canna at no8 not 5 but I may be mistaken as I am still learning tropicals. This spring I bought two Cannas.
cannaredlge.png
This is Canna bonfire.