hello all Im new and cant wait to get stuck in!

jungle jas

Re: hello all Im new and cant wait to get stuck in!

Post by jungle jas »

Hi Steve. icon_thumright You have already been given plenty of good advice, lots of that freely available on here. Are you moving away, or staying in the same area?
stevieboy1

Post by stevieboy1 »

Im not moving to far away only about half hour up the road. im in gravesend at the mo but will soon be living in maidstone so no that far away. icon_thumleft

Kind regards
steve :wink:
kata

Post by kata »

whats MP Compost? Muti purpose compost am I right?
Yes Steve.

:mrgreen:
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

hi Steve,ive got a box full of seedlings ready for you icon_thumleft plenty to get you started on and a few more lol
can you email your address to me please, and postal name,i always forget that bit and end up addressing to usernames :lol: :lol: :lol:
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
stevieboy1

Post by stevieboy1 »

kata wrote:
whats MP Compost? Muti purpose compost am I right?
Yes Steve.

:mrgreen:

Thankgoodness for that im not up on all these shortend abreviations lol nick names lol glad i worked that out lol :lol: :lol:

kind regards
Steve :D
stevieboy1

Post by stevieboy1 »

redsquirrel wrote:hi Steve,ive got a box full of seedlings ready for you icon_thumleft plenty to get you started on and a few more lol
can you email your address to me please, and postal name,i always forget that bit and end up addressing to usernames :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes that might help mighten it. :lol: drunken_smilie1
Ive just sent you an email with my details. :wink:
Thanks again I cant wait to give them a try icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_salut icon_salut

Kind regards
Steve :wink:
Palm Grove

Post by Palm Grove »

Hi Stevieboy,

I am newbie too to the forum and fully understand your enthusiasm icon_thumright

Yesterday i was looking round homebase and there selling Musa Basjoo banana plants for £10...good size ones too, was very tempted but thought its a bit late in the year to purchase one so didn't bother, but after a bit of research they are apparently hardy provided you give them a thick mulch and keep them fairly dry so hmmmm might have to pop back there lol :) .

Anyway all the best with your new garden venture, may our jungles grow and prosper icon_cheers
stevieboy1

Post by stevieboy1 »

Palm Grove wrote:Hi Stevieboy,

I am newbie too to the forum and fully understand your enthusiasm icon_thumright

Yesterday i was looking round homebase and there selling Musa Basjoo banana plants for £10...good size ones too, was very tempted but thought its a bit late in the year to purchase one so didn't bother, but after a bit of research they are apparently hardy provided you give them a thick mulch and keep them fairly dry so hmmmm might have to pop back there lol :) .

Anyway all the best with your new garden venture, may our jungles grow and prosper icon_cheers
Oh I so want a Musa Basjoo banana plant ive not had any luck with finding any. apart from one but with the postage its too expensive. They said even if they cut the leafs off and remove the pot it would still cost over £8 to post, I would of said yes but just dont have the funds with the move etc. I havent got a homebase near me. So cant go look. :(

I did however have to pop to B&Q today to get a few bits and Got a nice Date palm reduced to 2.99 so couldnt pass that up yay! icon_cheers

Im sure I will get one from somewere... :)

Hope your jungle garden grows well too. Roll on next spring I cant wait to get stuck in. :wink:

Kind regards
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

surely someone on here has a spare pup they can send you. i would if i had one but ive only one small pl.............
hang on,i do i have one with pups out front. remind me after your move and i will get one off to you icon_thumleft
it isnt very big mind, musa have been utter cr4p here this year
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
stevieboy1

Post by stevieboy1 »

redsquirrel wrote:surely someone on here has a spare pup they can send you. i would if i had one but ive only one small pl.............
hang on,i do i have one with pups out front. remind me after your move and i will get one off to you icon_thumleft
it isnt very big mind, musa have been utter cr4p here this year

OOOOh thankyou!! Thankyou! icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_cheers icon_cheers
That would be great. hopfully I can get it going. :D ##

Funny when we went out erlyer i looked for the giant banana tree that was out side a house down the road it was there a few days ago now I couldnt see it. :? mabe its been cut down and coverd for the winter do you think?

regards
Steve :D
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Welcome!!! Your in the right place both in location of housing (for slightly better exotic growing weather) and also in terms of website. icon_thumleft

It is hands down the best site on the net, someone always online who can answer virtually any question. Also check out Dave's page on Facebook as plenty of superb people on there who don't really use this site.

My advice is that you can keep virtually any exotic plant IF you can prepare for the worst winter weather and give it the protection it needs. That is the challenge of these wonderful plants, in that in a bizarre way, they keep your interest all year round. Look stunning and grow quickly spring to Autumn but then you have the battle to keep them alive through the winter. :lol:
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
stevieboy1

Post by stevieboy1 »

Tom2006 wrote:Welcome!!! Your in the right place both in location of housing (for slightly better exotic growing weather) and also in terms of website. icon_thumleft

It is hands down the best site on the net, someone always online who can answer virtually any question. Also check out Dave's page on Facebook as plenty of superb people on there who don't really use this site.

My advice is that you can keep virtually any exotic plant IF you can prepare for the worst winter weather and give it the protection it needs. That is the challenge of these wonderful plants, in that in a bizarre way, they keep your interest all year round. Look stunning and grow quickly spring to Autumn but then you have the battle to keep them alive through the winter. :lol:
I must agree this is definatly the best site I have found! icon_cheers So many friendly people all willing to help and shaire there advice. icon_salut icon_salut
i have a nice landing space with a window and window sil that i can fill with plants so as my collection grows anything that needs a bit of winter protection should be able to fit a fair bit in the space. icon_cheers icon_cheers

I just need to increase my collection to keep growing indoors though the winter to give me a good start next year when it warms up. icon_sunny
Thanks to redsquirrel I now have 49 baby palm seedlings to look after YAY! Hope I can get them going. icon_thumright
Money is a real problem were I have health and spinal back trouble (so miving house is fun not have to take it easy)But its somthing I manage and can just about keep up with everyone else lol, so only get a little and most will now go towards the bills etc on the new house, but I will get by as the saying goes where there is a will there is a way hehe. Along with everyones help abnd advice here I think i will get a long fine. icon_salut icon_salut icon_thumleft

Kind regards