Exotica Tolosa : from France with love...

franckm

Exotica Tolosa : from France with love...

Post by franckm »

Hello everybody,

I'm the very latest newbie on this forum. Professional dj but hardy exotics lover too. I live in Toulouse souhern France where I designed an exotic garden in my little yard a few years ago. Most of the plants I manage to grow are succulents because xerophyts seem to be more adapted to my climate.

Images are better than words for now. Let's check my website ...>> http://exoticatolosa.e-monsite.com/
Unfortunately not yet translated into english except the homepage, but pictures and video are universal !

Best regards,

Franck 8)
dino

Re: Exotica Tolosa : from France with love...

Post by dino »

Welcome Franck. Very jealous of your climate. Great pictures and love the blue chairs icon_thumright
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Bienvenue, Franck icon_cheers

From HTUK with love for the French accent, We'd love to hear a voiceover on your videos :wink:
grub

Post by grub »

Welcome to the madhouse Franck icon_thumleft
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Franck, and welcome icon_salut

A very nice garden you have there icon_thumright Wish I could grow all of those outside all year, but many of my Cacti have to be dug out for winter, as too wet..... the summer was too wet this year as well :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Trudytropics »

Wow Frank thats quite a garden you have, beautiful and captured so well in pictures. I really enjoyed the video, great soundtrack too icon_thumleft

Oh and bye the way, welcome to HTUK :D
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

Welcome Franck icon_salut

You have a stunning Garden, the photos are great on your site......... The palms are Beautifully laid out icon_thumleft
franckm

Post by franckm »

Thanks a lot for your welcome :D Don't hesitate to post on my website guest-book, in english, if you want to. I will try to give you some news of the garden from time to time, and to take part in HTUK forum as often as possible.

Franck 8)
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

what a few of us here would do for a garden and climate like that
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
franckm

Post by franckm »

redsquirrel wrote:what a few of us here would do for a garden and climate like that
Hello Squirrel,

Don't believe the myth of southern France climate :lol:
South-western part of the country is not the french riviera. Here in Toulouse, the climate is characterized by cool and humid springs, often very hot and sunny summers (but july can be pretty cool & rainy some years !). Fall is the best season, mild & dry, with outdoors barbecues almost up to halloween icon_cheers But short winters remind us we are just in 8A zone ! In january & february icy continental air masses can slide down to the area and stagnate for over days or weeks. Last winter we faced to 10 successive days of frost (non stop frozen ground during this period), lot of snow, and temperatures as low as -12°c and below !

That's why if I make sure of good drainage, cacti & succulents do well in my yard.

Franck 8)
Attachments
2012 the 14th of february
2012 the 14th of february
franckm

Post by franckm »

Hi guys,

Here comes some new pics of my garden. Pretty nice season indeed with good growing rates this year. Check.

Franck 8)
Attachments
Agave ovatilolia - oct 2013_800x600_640x480.jpg
Citrangequat 'Thomasville' 2 (grossissement des fruits -  oct  2013_450x600_360x480.jpg
Citrangequat 'Thomasville' 2 (grossissement des fruits - oct 2013_450x600_360x480.jpg (89.29 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
Eucalyptus X parvifolia - oct 2013_800x600_640x480.jpg
Exotica tolosa - cacti scene - oct 2013_800x600_640x480.jpg
Exotica tolosa - vue mixed borders 2 -  oct 2013_450x600_360x480.jpg
Exotica tolosa - vue mixed borders 2 - oct 2013_450x600_360x480.jpg (98.98 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
Exotica tolosa - vue mixed borders 3  -  oct 2013_800x600_640x480.jpg
Exotica tolosa - yucca mix - oct  2013_800x600_640x480.jpg
Hedychium densiflormum 'assam orange' - oct 2013_800x592_640x474.jpg
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Your pics have the WOW! factor, Franck. The Agave ovatifolia.......c'est incroyable icon_salut
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Your garden looks great.
kata

Post by kata »

Lovely collection of plants there Franck,

A belated welcome to the forum!
icon_cheers
franckm

Post by franckm »

Thanks everybody for your full support icon_salut

Greville, my Ovatifolia has been planted as a little seedling only 4/or 5 :roll: (don't really rembember, but not earlier) years ago. It's the fastest growing agave at my place. Note that it is absolutely hardy (has seen -15° in 2012 winter) and not humidity tender unlike others agaves.. I recommand it in UK icon_cheers

Franck