New here!

ianmck

New here!

Post by ianmck »

Hi, new member here. :mrgreen: Located up near sunny...err Glasgow. Been reading through a lot of the old forums posts and getting quite excited at the prospect of all the tropical and exotic plants I can try to grow (murder) up in Scotland :lol:

I am mainly interested in cacti and succulents most of which I grow, or at least attempt to grow outside in a plastic greenhouse all year round. It's not so much the cold as the winter winds that blow the greenhouse halfway across the garden that makes it challenging!

Currently have a couple of puya, and a few eucalyptus growing but that's about as exotic as it gets so far.

Anyway, really interested in trying a few palms and bamboo up here. Or maybee a fern or two. We have plenty rain :lol:

Cheers

Ian
billdango

Re: New here!

Post by billdango »

Welcome to the forum ianmck...

Even in Scotland youy can grow a good range of exotics so don't get put off by the weather. :D

As you will learn from the forum anything is possible so just enjoy your gardening. :D :D :D

I know it is a different climate in Glasgow to what we have down here on the south coast but even we lose plants in bad winters but we don't stop growing things because of that.

As I said before good luck and keep us all posted on how you get on. icon_thumleft

rgds billdango icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny
kata

Post by kata »

Welcome to Hardy Tropicals Ian icon_cheers

Adam, a member here I believe lives in Scotland, not too sure where though. He has a lovely garden.

:mrgreen:
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Ian I admire your bottle, I can see it being a bit of a challenge up there. Its bad enough in Wales. Good luck. icon_thumright
grub

Post by grub »

Welcome to the madhouse Ian icon_thumleft
TroyDonovan

Post by TroyDonovan »

hello Ian

Welcome !

Troy
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Welcome aboard Ian

;)
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Welcome, Ian icon_cheers

I see from the weather forecasts that your part of the world has recently has subzero temperatures by day :shock:

You are already one of our hardier souls :mrgreen:
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

Welcome Ian icon_salut