Luca from Italy

dino

Re: Luca from Italy

Post by dino »

Ciao Luca, I'm in italy on holiday and visited Lucca today, it's beautiful. I bought a aeonium schwarzkopf.
Galma

Post by Galma »

Many thanks for your compliments, really!! :o

Please, describe me your climate, it is different as I think?

It's my intention, open a new topic, to ask you suggestion to cultivate my Dicksonia Antartica. I imagine that you have talk many times, but I have a little difficulty to understand you! Sorry ...
Ciao Luca, I'm in Italy on holiday and visited Lucca today, it's beautiful. I bought a aeonium schwarzkopf.
Hi Dino, the Tuscany it's very impressive, I have visited several times. Lucca is beautiful, the "Torre Guinigi" it's very unusual.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Galma wrote:Many thanks for your compliments, really!! :o

Please, describe me your climate, it is different as I think?

It's my intention, open a new topic, to ask you suggestion to cultivate my Dicksonia Antartica. I imagine that you have talk many times, but I have a little difficulty to understand you! Sorry ...
Ciao Luca, I'm in Italy on holiday and visited Lucca today, it's beautiful. I bought a aeonium schwarzkopf.
Hi Dino, the Tuscany it's very impressive, I have visited several times. Lucca is beautiful, the "Torre Guinigi" it's very unusual.
Hi,
The UK weather can have all seasons in one day, Thursday this week in my area it was wind, hail, sleet, and sun in one day. :lol:
Most weather can not really be predicted from day to day, today was warm but Monday is going to be horrible weather according the forecast :( .
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

What a gorgeous garden. And sunshine too. Send some over here please.
kata

Post by kata »

Simply adorable garden Luca,

The ferns look great, I love the little bridge.

Overall a beautiful garden.

:mrgreen:
pipster 12

Post by pipster 12 »

with warmer summers and higher calorific light levels I wonder how sabals, rhapidophylum hystix and other cold hardy contenders would perform in lucas' garden?

really does look nice there!

phil
waggy1

Post by waggy1 »

Welcome Luca and thanks for sharing the pics of your beautiful garden.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Wonderful garden! Very lush and green and if I dare say, very British in a way. I was expecting a much drier garden for some reason. :oops:
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Yes It's a beautiful garden definitely.. interesting as like Tom says it does bare some resemblance to an British garden in both style and plants used, though at the same time there is a Mediterranean factor in there. icon_thumleft
Galma

Post by Galma »

First of all, excuse me if I reply rarely... I use a lot of time for write in English and I need time off!

In my house, there is an irrigation system, but it's use only 3 month, June, July and August. Without, most of the plants would die...
Anyway, I think that your idea of Italy is correct for the south and center Italy (Florence ecc.). Northen of Italy is quite green!
with warmer summers and higher calorific light levels I wonder how sabals, rhapidophylum hystix and other cold hardy contenders would perform in lucas' garden?
Sorry Phil, I don't have a palm trees... and I'm not expert of palm trees. Several species (more hardy) resist to our winter, but the best results are obtained near the sea (Liguria) and in the south Itay.

Sorry Stephenprudence, I am not authorised to send Personal messages...I can't reply!
pipster 12

Post by pipster 12 »

Luca who needs palms with a garden like that! it looks fabulous.

I have to remember that palms are not everyone's idea of a garden plant sometimes they can look out of place and depending on what you want to achieve (for example japanese garden-mainly bamboos and acers)

anyhow
welcome to the forum
phil