Hello

Jay71

Hello

Post by Jay71 »

Hello every one. Thought I'd join the forum to get some ideas for our garden. Just in the process of designing our garden ready for next year and hoping to add a touch of tropical plants and tree ferns to it. We only have a small garden so it will only be a very small touch of tropicalness .
tropical Tom

Re: Hello

Post by tropical Tom »

Welcome Jay, you'll get lots of help and inspiration here!
Jay71

Post by Jay71 »

tropical Tom wrote:Welcome Jay, you'll get lots of help and inspiration here!
Cheers Tom. Hope so mate.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Jay, and welcome icon_salut

You can always fit in far more than you think. There are some stunning small tropical gardens :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by fern Rob »

Welcome.
Jay71

Post by Jay71 »

Cheers dave. Well now I've put up the green house it's reduced the size considerably and with us having abit of decking area , we don't have much space so it's a case of planning and picking which tropical's will be the best. So this is where you all come in lol.
grub

Post by grub »

Welcome to the asylum Jay icon_thumleft , are you after plants for containers or in the ground Jay?
Jay71

Post by Jay71 »

[quote="grub"]Welcome to the asylum Jay icon_thumleft , are you after plants for containers or in the ground Jay?[/quote

Hi grub. A bit of both really. A few containers on the decking would be nice and a few bits in the garden.
grub

Post by grub »

For year round interest use bamboo and Trachycarpus for the backbone of your garden and fill in with other stuff, you can't do jungle imo without bananas and a T-Rex as the big leaves give you the 'wow' effect so if you worked around with those four you won't go too far wrong icon_thumright . It just becomes a case of finding out what you like then for filling in and adding colour.
kata

Post by kata »

Hello again Jay... :lol:

Yep, Nanas and Trachis, and that Fern I see you would like make a great start.

My garden is small compared to some here.

Anyway my garden space.
lawn2011.jpg
Its getting full now with three Trachis, a standard rose tree, a Fern.

I opened up an area at the bottom of the garden and planting Alpines there.

Still got some room. icon_sunny

You will be fine once you get going buying Jay, have fun...be warned..its addictive, very.