Hello from Andy in Minster-on-Sea!

GREVILLE

Re: Hello from Andy in Minster-on-Sea!

Post by GREVILLE »

Welcome, Andy icon_cheers

We are on common ground. Apart from a similar plant collection I recall two successive annual holidays with extended family many years ago at a Warners holiday camp at what was called then Minster-in-Sheppey. Vaguely recall seeing some tall Cordylines (unaware of their future significance) that would have lost their height (or lives) in the 1963 winter which wasn't far away.
andycole94

Post by andycole94 »

Dave Brown wrote:so getting back on subject, have you got any pics of your garden or plants Andy ?
Sorry for the long wait for reply Dave, have only just read over the post again. Here's a few snaps of my garden. Enjoy! icon_thumright

GREVILLE wrote:Welcome, Andy icon_cheers

We are on common ground. Apart from a similar plant collection I recall two successive annual holidays with extended family many years ago at a Warners holiday camp at what was called then Minster-in-Sheppey. Vaguely recall seeing some tall Cordylines (unaware of their future significance) that would have lost their height (or lives) in the 1963 winter which wasn't far away.
Thanks GREVILLE, shame about those older cordylines, they surely would have been true specimens now! The island was shut off from the mainland for about two months back then due to the severe weather. Hopefully this winter wont be quite as bad as that :?
kata

Post by kata »

Nice, especially the last pic!

:mrgreen: