Hello from Andy in Minster-on-Sea!

andycole94

Hello from Andy in Minster-on-Sea!

Post by andycole94 »

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and have a really keen interest in many tropical plants (especially palms!) and would like to get to know you all! Any questions please contact me as I have a lot of experience!
Thank you!
Andy
kata

Re: Hello from Andy in Minster-on-Sea!

Post by kata »

Welcome Andy, are you a seller?

I have never heard of Minster- on - Sea, Its in Kent then after I Googled it.

icon_study
andycole94

Post by andycole94 »

Hi,
To answer your questions;
-I have and do sell plants from my garden shed to locals from time to time and often look on this forum for advice with my planting adventures.
-Minster-on-Sea, it is on the North Kent coast on the Isle of Sheppey in the Thames estuary, don't worry, very few people have heard of it. Unless you've spent your summer in Leysdown! :)
kata

Post by kata »

Is sheppy where that catastophic motorway accident Occured Andy?

Well when you are selling here do some pics too. We have a forum for that I believe.

:mrgreen:
andycole94

Post by andycole94 »

Yes I'm afraid it is the Sheppey which had the horrific pile up yesterday, fortunately no deaths!

And I'm sure to sell plants next season. I have everything from palms, Lily's, acacias. You name it, I've grown it!

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Andy, and Welcome icon_salut

Unfortunately, after yesterday, most of the world knows of Sheppy. US Travel News was buzzing about it, but the silver lining is that Sheppy is now on the world map.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by andycole94 »

Hello Dave,

Yes it may be a shame about the accidents, but not so that people now know about Sheppey. Such an occurrence was inevitable due to a few factors, which i'm sure you all know too well.

The islands got a lot of potential and is a lovely place to live, but is now known for the wrong reasons! Let alone that there's 4 prisons here too. icon_scratch
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Welcome.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

andycole94 wrote:Hello Dave,

Yes it may be a shame about the accidents, but not so that people now know about Sheppey. Such an occurrence was inevitable due to a few factors, which i'm sure you all know too well.

The islands got a lot of potential and is a lovely place to live, but is now known for the wrong reasons! Let alone that there's 4 prisons here too. icon_scratch
It used to be a holiday haven, and I spent a lot of time there in the 1960s as we had a caravan berthed at Leysdown. We used to stop along the sea front at Minster to have Fish and Chips.

I imagine you get milder winter's than me due to the proximity of the sea even though that Nor'easter don't half blow.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by andycole94 »

Thanks fernrob.

And yes your right Dave. Nice to hear you've spent time on our lovely island (just a bit before my time though).
Winters here are relatively mild and we seldom get snow when the mainland is covered. The low for us this winter was -5.8 celcius at ground level. I'd imagine very similar to you in Chalk, just along the river.
grub

Post by grub »

Welcome to the asylum Andy icon_thumleft
andycole94

Post by andycole94 »

Appreciated grub, thank you! icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

Wow, I can't believe after seeing the news that no one got killed,

When will drivers learn to practice what they learnt from their Instructors.

Its the sunday drivers, also the elderly drivers as well that cause accidents but foolish not to use fog lights...in fog. Thats what joe law said was part of the horrific scenes we were seeing, that and speed. .

icon_scratch
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

so getting back on subject, have you got any pics of your garden or plants Andy ?
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

whoops... :lol: