How do you control them all?

icon_cheers
grub

Re: Hello from Oxfordshire

Post by grub »

kata wrote:
How do you control them all?

icon_cheers
I don't... Nor do I try to, it might happen one day but I'd rather not interfere. icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

:lol: :lol: I do like bamboo for the noise they make in the wind,

icon_cheers
Stew

Post by Stew »

redsquirrel wrote:hi Stew and welcome, i gave up banger racing to grow bananas :lol: :lol: guess that is something you are quite familiar with having standlake just up the road icon_thumright
ha bangers for bananas! all the years living round here we've never been up to watch the banger racing we used to go to speedway at Swindon but knocked that on the head a while back.
grub, 23 varieties that's mental whats your biggest?
grub

Post by grub »

Stew wrote:[what's your biggest?
Probably Phyllostachys vivax 'Shanghai 3' Stew.
kata

Post by kata »

Grub, the black one look Interesting.

:)
grub

Post by grub »

kata wrote:Grub, the black one look Interesting.

:)
Which one Kate? plain 'Nigra' or 'Boryana'?
Stew

Post by Stew »

grub I got your pm but not allowed to reply guessing its because im new here? will certainly take you up on that offer though got the works van only a small loadspace but i'll get it in! I've read about shanghai 3 but haven't seen any big examples in this country though. I emailed Scottish bamboo asking them what potentially was their biggest bamboo was they said moso but didn't have any so I got some 'prominens' instead, next best thing apparently, fingers crossed icon_thumleft
grub

Post by grub »

Don't bother with the Moso anyway Stew, doesn't get warm enough for it. I only achieved decent growth in the greenhouse, outside it just got smaller. :evil:
Stew

Post by Stew »

Visited a little bamboo nursery in fordingbridge today to have a nose round bloody brilliant it was. Its run by a cool old couple and they've got a twenty plus year old grove of all sorts of bamboo. was after some chusquea gigantean but too expensive at 90 quid maybe next year, they've got an amazing grove of it growing really impressive. came away with a 10ltr pot of a phyllostachys ....ha cant remember the name and its too dark out to check but a really yellow/orange colour, another to the collection :D
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

ive been there before with Mike kenchington.he got a large butia and i picked up 2 very reasonably priced chamaerops ceriferas.we didnt buy any boos but was a pleasant day out
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure